Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Namaste White Belgian-Style Witbier | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: Witbier

A witbier bursting with good karma. Made with dried organic orange slices, fresh-cut lemongrass and a bit of coriander, this Belgian-style white beer is a great thirst quencher.

Added by jgasparine on 10-17-2009

Ratings: 3,244 |  Reviews: 642

I am not a fan of this style but i recognize that this beer is well brewed relative to its peers.

However, it is not worth the price premium DFH commands as so many other similar beers are available for about half the price.

Yuck! We purchased a six pack of this. And I know it wasn't a personal preference, this beer was repulsive. I had another person smell and taste my beer and they agreed there was something very wrong with it. To describe the smell and taste would make a sailor blush. The next day we opened two more bottles and one of them was exactly the same. It had a disgusting smell and taste. The other had a hint of the odor but was flat. I don't think I will try it again.

1.06/5  rDev -71.9%

Awful

1.1/5  rDev -70.8%

It looks nice, it feels smooth, however it sucks. I do not understand the appeal of this garbage. I drank a few of them at my ex-friend's party and the swill was trash. It tasted so bland I didn't even finish the pack. I left it there. Then I never spoke to my friend again because he was always touting this trash as the greatest ambrosia to touch his lips.

1.12/5  rDev -70.3%

1.13/5  rDev -70%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

1.44/5  rDev -61.8%

Picked this up at a local beverage specialty store. I had to buy the six pack instead of a single as I would normally do with a new beer I'm trying. Let me tell you I could't even finish one.

Pours copper brown and is nice in golden and smells earthy with hints of lemongrass. The beer itself for me was undrinkable. The front mid and back palate were all unpleasant after tasting . Very strange like old food that's been sitting in your fridge. Stay away!

This beer might have been better if they brewed it with fresh orange peels instead of candied dry oranges. I had high hopes for this beer as I really like Dogfish head and am a fan of their 90minute Ipa. I also really love the Einstiock White Ale which is brewed with similar ingredients. If you have the chance check that out instead!!

1.5/5  rDev -60.2%

1.7/5  rDev -54.9%

Poured from a bottle into a tulip glass. Bottled in June 2015.

Pours a cloudy yellow like one might see produced by someone with a urinary tract infection. Robust head, about two fingers' width.

Smell - After the unsavory visual, the first effect is its sickly smell. I actually checked around the kitchen to see if there were dirty dishes or another source to account for the odor. Frankly, it had me recoiling as I got whiffs. Asked another person to smell, which resulted in a the face one makes when changing a baby's diaper.

Taste - Dominant notes of ass mellowing out to body odor after a long workout. Then overwhelming citrus characterized mainly by lemon and orange, flowing to the final and lingering note of coriander, a brief and sadly transient hit of clove, and then a rather disagreeable peppercorn.

Feel - No different than a Bud or Coors. Nothing remarkable.

Frail imitation of a wit.

1.75/5  rDev -53.6%

1.75/5  rDev -53.6%

1.77/5  rDev -53.1%

Wouldn't buy this beer again. Dogfish has some really good beers so I figured this would be great but it is very dull and light tasting. If I want a similar style I'll grab a Blue Moon or Allagash. I thought it would be much hoppier and stronger but it was dull, wouldn't get it again.

Namaste White Belgian-Style Witbier from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery