60 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: American IPA

60 Minute IPA is continuously hopped -- more than 60 hop additions over a 60-minute boil. (Getting a vibe of where the name came from?)

60 Minute is brewed with a slew of great Northwest hops. A powerful but balanced East Coast IPA with a lot of citrusy hop character, it's the session beer for hardcore enthusiasts!

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-30-2002

Ratings: 11,364 |  Reviews: 2,838

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev -7.6%

4.23/5  rDev +4.2%

Second time I have had this beer, but I didn't like IPA's the first time I had it and was overwhelmed.

Appearance- Very clear, light copper, 1/2 finger head, lace sticks to the glass all the way down.

Smell- Not what I expected... I remember this being a hop bomb, but it is really a well balanced smell. Lots of fruity smell from the yeast, nuttiness, and pine from the malt and hops.

Taste- Same as the smell, a good pine flavor, fruitiness from the yeast, and nutty malt flavor. Not nearly as bitter as I remember.

Mouthfeel- Nice and dry, goes down easy. Possibly my favorite part of this beer and the mouthfeel makes it highly drinkable.

Overall a very good beer. I wish we could get it in Alabama. I am more of a fan of more citrusy IPA's, but this Simcoe pine flavor is a nice change of pace.

Rather than state why I love this beer so much, which I obviously do, I'll simply say this: PLEASE BRING IT BACK TO TENNESSEE! Pulling out inventory this summer was a dark day in the state's history. I've struggled to find any IPA that matches Dogfish 60's taste, aroma and overall drinkability.

4.83/5  rDev +19%

A quality IPA, best served ice cold in a pint glass. Good color, crisp head. Hoppy, but not too hoppy. Served at our Christmas party annually - well received by even the not so sophisticated beer drinkers. The ABV doesn't overwhelm you. You rarely pour a bad 60 Minute IPA!

3.5/5  rDev -13.8%