120 Minute IPA | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Liked:
4.11/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 8,217 |  Reviews: 2,337

You have too age it. It's awesome if you let it set at least a year

Don't ask me how, but I got a 4 pack of this stuff for $10! Just cracked open the first bottle and poured it into a snifter. I'm already excited. Right away I could smell some good stuff coming from this. Lots of citric and floral hops. Smells like a bouquet, lots of tropical fruits. As I let it sit out for a bit, the alcohol presence kind of makes itself known on the back of the notes. The beer pours a beautiful hazy amber with a decently sized creamy head that lingered for a while. Now its time to sip.

Lots of flavors. Hard to pin point them all on this first sip. Balanced is surprisingly better than I expected considering the high degree of gravity this beers boiled at. You can tell there's a ton of hop presence through taste and even slightly on the swallow.

Up front it's very syrupy almost orange marmalade like with some pineapple and even apricots. Very thick in the middle, slightly warming like cough syrup on the swallow but not too bad. The mouthfeel is very very thick with slight carbonation but again, more carbonation than I expected. Getting some pineapple taste on the swallow as well.

The sweetness builds, definitely a sipper but unlike most sweet beers it doesnt have that terrible raisin aftertaste lingering around. A lot of citric and piny hops on the swallow that can be detected taste wise. You can sense the tiniest bit of bitterness but not much, however I do wish there was more.

What do I have to say about this big beer after all is said and done? I like it a lot. More than I thought I would. On the sweet side but better balance than you'd expect. I'd like to try and age some of these but I doubt they'll last that long. Also another plus about this beer is it's a quick and easy buzz in a bottle. I tried to identify more flavors half way through the bottle but i'm afraid my tastebuds already took the day off! enjoy!

120 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery