Pangaea | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Brewed with ingredients from each and every continent, Pangaea is a slightly spicy ale with a mouthful of rich flavors. It's a great food beer.

Our list of worldly ingredients includes: Crystallized ginger from Australia, Water from Antarctica, Basmati rice from Asia, Muscavado sugar from Africa, Quinoa from South America, European yeast, North American maize.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-26-2003

4.88/5  rDev +30.1%

Dogfish Head Pangaea poured an amber color with a small head, that stayed present through out the beer. It smelt of hops, and ginger, almost like gingerale. The taste was excptional, it was strong, and the ginger flavors stood out, there were other spices present as well, nothing overpowered. It was easy to drink, and I wanted another after, the only promblem with this beer is the price.

4.85/5  rDev +29.3%

I am very pleased with this Dogfish Head Brew. It is different than anything else I have had but it leaves me with excitement to try more Dogfish Head brews. The color and clarity is excellent and the aroma is exactly as it tastes. It is amazing to have a beer smell and taste the same, to me that is how it should be and Dogfish Head has it nailed with pangaea. It has a smooth mouth feel and is not syrupy but very palatable. Though I would not refer to it as a "session" beer, but you could easily relax with a couple pints. I would recommend this to any beer lover.

4.84/5  rDev +29.1%

750 ml bottle

Appearance - golden amber

Smell - Full of cinommon

Taste - Full of sweet spice and cinomon

Mouth feel - light body and bubbly

I love This beer ! defiantly in my Top 5 . Amazing. Every sip is full of flavor and spice . Also its pretty cool drinking a beer that was made with something from every contentnet . Wow ! i love this beer

4.82/5  rDev +28.5%

A delightful experience.

A - It pours a smooth beautifully golden with little head. With an IPA i would expect more head, but with an experimental strong ale no head is fine.
S - Nothing exceptional about the aroma. I catch a bit of the ginger and perhaps some citrus, oranges? There seems to be a lighter almost grape or raisin undertone. very mild, but very nice.
T - I'm a huge fan of DFH and this is my favorite from them. When experienced cold there is a crisp and refreshing bite of ginger and citrus, low hops. As it warms the hops become more potent and the flavor evolves. Such a good beer. Perhaps the best beer I've ever had.
M - Mouthfeel is good. not to biter or overly bubbly. very refreshing all around.
D - I can drink this all day till I pass out naked on my neihbor.... seriously.

Best beer at a reasonable price. DGH does it again. I used to say Stone was the best, but my loyalties have shifted. Promote these breweries for this reason alone, tast and creativity.

4.78/5  rDev +27.5%

My favorite dfh beer so far. Really good, not too hoppy. Hard to pigeon hole this beer but it is excellent

4.77/5  rDev +27.2%

A very easy to drink yet complex beer clocking in at 7% abv. faint ginger flavor makes it unique but not too over the top.

totally worth the price tag, can definitely drink this again and
again.

Nice lacing,
light foamy head,
Crisp taste.

As much as I could have chugged this beer I wanted to savor it and enjoy every sip

4.75/5  rDev +26.7%

Bottles 10/30/2006, 750 ml bottle, poured into my Weyerbacher tulip glass.

A - Burnt orange, 1-2" head, tiny bubbles, little retention or lacing

S - Tons of ginger, floral/earthy hops, fruit esters

T - As with the smell lots of ginger, sweet/sour berry, fruit notes from the belgian yeast, touch of cocoa/roasted malt, finishes with moderate spice which balances the other complexities perfectly.

M - Medium bodied, carbonation which could only be described as fizzy.

D - If you're a fan of ginger, this is very drinkable due to the carbonation. Would gladly have a few more of these.

4.75/5  rDev +26.7%