Duchesse De Bourgogne | Brouwerij Verhaeghe

4.1

Ratings: 4,241 |  Reviews: 1,535

4.25/5  rDev +3.7%

4.58/5  rDev +11.7%

I had it first on botte, then twice on tap. obviously, this was at different times, but from my recollection, they tasted similar once they got to temperature and both methods were divine.

A- Caramel brown, clear, nice head that dissipated quickly. looks comparable to a belgian dubbel

S- Slight malt with a mild sour funk. I thought it would be more sour in the taste, so I was slightly misled by the smell. Nothing fancy here for me, but still had a good aroma.

T- stunning. i could drink this beer all day, everyday. it goes down sooo smoooth. sour, sweet, malty awesomeness. great caramel flavor to accompany the mild sour flavor.

M- way too easy to drink. amazing.

O- I absolutely love this beer. the tap ran out at the local bar and my heart broke. thankfully i have bottles available when i can get some more petty cash. buy this beer, drink it, savor it, and share it with me.

3.5/5  rDev -14.6%

4.32/5  rDev +5.4%

Was very surprised to see that I had not reviewed this previously. On tap at the Hudson Street Stackhouse.

The beer pours a reddish amber color with good head retention and lacing. The nose is very attractive, showcasing considerable cherry, vanilla, sweet tart and hints of chocolate. As good as this beer smells, it tastes even better. The flavor profile replicates the nose, but the cherry and sweet tart really come on strong. Also, I really like the hint of vanilla, wine and chocolate I'm picking up as well. Mouthfeel is medium bodied, with a long, tart, mouth puckering finish.

Just delicious, and probably the best example of how my taste has changed over time. At one time I found this beer barely drinkable, as it was just too sour for me. Now I think the level of sour in this beer is just right, and sometimes think it borders on being too sweet. Regardless, this is an outstanding beer, with an amazing amount of flavor given the 6% abv. This is the beer I think of when I think of a flanders red ale.

Duchesse De Bourgogne from Brouwerij Verhaeghe