Köstritzer Schwarzbier | Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei GmbH & Co.

Köstritzer SchwarzbierKöstritzer Schwarzbier
3.91/5
Köstritzer SchwarzbierKöstritzer Schwarzbier

Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei GmbH & Co.
Germany
koestritzer.de

Style: Schwarzbier

Added by stirgy on 10-17-2001

Ratings: 1,920 |  Reviews: 842

An outstanding beer in this style.

Dark in color, yet light in body. Rustic roasted malt flavor. Tall Boy Cans are back!

I came across this beer by accident. I was in the Growler and Grill in NY and they had this on tap and in bottles. I purchased some bottles and the beer was well balance, smooth and tasted good. The tap version of the beer was as smooth virtually identical as the bottle version. For me this was just the perfect beer. Amongst the best I have ever tasted. Personally I am into dark beer and not the hoppy type. I hope this helps. Great beer!!

My go to Schwarzbier!
Found it in a specialty store in Grand Blanc, Mi. but it after moving to south Georgia I thought it was lost forever.
Found it one day while checking out a new liquer store/ beer cave.
Black in color, plenty of head, highly smooth with a deep medium level carbonation, hints of dark bread layered thick on the taste buds. Hop bitterness is mild with a bitterness that holds its own for balancing the beer. Mild roasted malt character with hints of carob, chicory and bread crust. Malt sweetness is there but stay to a minimum and does not go to a cloying level at all. Alcohol is meek and barely noticeable, slightly dry finish is doused with a clean graininess and hints of spicy hop.

My all time favorite!

4.99/5  rDev +27.6%

This is my go to bier. Everyone assumes it is heavy like a porter or a stout. It is a perfectly balanced light bier, it is just dark in color. I love surprising people with its great flavor year round. Everyone should try it just once....it may just become your favorite bier.

4.96/5  rDev +26.9%

4.88/5  rDev +24.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I tried this beer on a friend's recommendation. All I can say is wow. This brew takes you by surprise. You would think that the dark colour would translate to a heavy taste but the exact opposite is true. It is both light and refreshing, with a slight coffee aftertaste. One of my favorites

Köstritzer Schwarzbier from Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei GmbH & Co.
Beer rating: 3.91 out of 5 with 1,920 ratings