Apricot Wheat | Ithaca Beer Company

Ithaca Beer Company
New York, United States
ithacabeer.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Our smooth wheat beer is light in color and body…perfect for those looking for a lighter taste. The combination of wheat and barley gives Apricot Wheat a different malt character than our other ales. The hint of apricot gives this beer a pleasant nose and fruity finish.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-18-2001

4.17/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

A - Yellow with slight haze. Large, white, fizzy head that quickly dissipates. Significant rising bubbles remain well after pour.

S - Soft, slightly tart apricot. Clearly present but not overwhelming. Some slight malt sweetness.

T - Very nice, soft apricot flavor intermingled with wheaty malts that lingers slightly. Little to no hop character present.

F - Highly carbonated/fizzy.

O - This beer is excellent for what it is. It does not try to overwhelm your palate. It is very well-balanced and refreshing, especially on a summer's day.

4.25/5  rDev +30.4%

2.75/5  rDev -15.6%

2.25/5  rDev -31%

4.24/5  rDev +30.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I'm a major sucker for fruit beer, so I had to try this one. It was my first time at a local bar, and I was waiting for my aunt and uncle to meet me after work, so I ordered this beer with my fries. It was sweet but not too much so- in other words, you could definitely still taste the beer in it. There was a perfect blend of sweetness and yet a tiny bite to it. It was very smooth and amazing when ice cold! If I came across it again I'd definitely go for a second taste.

2.67/5  rDev -18.1%

Appearance - Pale yellow, might be a touch of orange. Hazy, nearly opaque. Very little head.

Smell - Very noticeable bright apricot aroma. Otherwise, vague pale malt.

Taste - Perhaps a little less distinctly than the aroma, but obviously apricot flavor highlights this beer. Otherwise, rather plain tasting pale malt.

Mouthfeel - Very light. Crisp.

Overall - I haven't tried many (if any) apricot beers. If nothing else, this beer demonstrates that the flavors can work together. Probably better, too.

Apricot Wheat from Ithaca Beer Company