LeBleu | Ithaca Beer Company

ithacabeer.com

Style: American Wild Ale

Added by almychristopher on 01-01-2010

4.17/5  rDev -1.2%

Pours a grapefruity pink color with very active, faintly pinkish hued head. Very nice retention and sticky lacing. Smell is of sour fruit (non overpowering) with a growing scent of blueberry as it warms, faint earthyness to it. Taste is of a sour light and watery fruits, small hay like malt presence, as with scent, the blueberry really shines as the beer warms and carbonation dicipates. Bubbly and dry, light on the palate with minimal aftertaste. Very nice beer, only recomendation is for a larger blueberry profile.

4.15/5  rDev -1.7%

A- pours a light purple transparent liquid, with a large effervescent head that literally explodes with bubbles.
Bubbles are not so think however that it overflows. The head slowly dissipates over about 5 minutes.

S- Smell, yum yeah. That lambicy smell, sourness with a touch of fruit. Maybe a slight yeasty smell. If you like sours, this is mouthwatering...

T - Light sour taste, not over the top. Mild fruity tones from the blueberries, but not too strong. The end and finish has a slight hop bitterness, but just a touch. Could be a bit more sour, but that is preference.

M - very light and airy due to the high carbonation and acidity. Very champagne like. Easy to drink if you like that. Maybe too light but fits the style and assumed intent of the drink.

D- Due to the lightness this is very easy to drink. It is acidic, so the drinker needs to like sours. But it is not too over the top in either fruit, or sour and thank god sweetness. No perceived alcohol hotness.

Over all a good light sour bleuet. Personally, I like them a bit more sour to cover some of the off flavors that exist in "wild" brews at low concentrations. But this is a good American lambic style beer.

4.47/5  rDev +5.9%

Neat package. Bluer foil, cap and then blue cork. After pulling out the cork there was a very small amount that foamed out of the bottle. The head was active and a bright pink/purple color. First it was small bubbles, then large ones remained. Interesting head development and decline. Beer was a strange, pink/purple color as well. You can tell it's amber underneath and the blueberries have changed the color to this interesting tone.

Aroma is assertive, very vinegar like at first. Sharp with some winey notes and a sense of oak. Not sure I would guess blueberry from the aroma.

Wow, is this good. Of course, the first couple of sips the sour punch wipes most everything else out. But the aftertaste is wonderful. As you adjust to the sourness the flavor just opens up. I find this incredible bready undertone in the wild ales I enjoy. Toasty, nutty a touch of a wine flavor. Lots of brett character.

The carbonation is champagne like and it's no surprise that this type of yeast was used to bottle condition. Light and refreshing. Wish I had another bottle to drink this summer. Highly carbonated.

I really enjoyed this and continue to enjoy more Wild Ales.

Excellent beer!

4.51/5  rDev +6.9%

Review from notes on 1/30/10. A huge thanks to Joe and Robin for hosting and busting out this jewel.

A - Poured tangerine orange, touch of haze that makes for an incandescent experience in the light. A light pink head of a very fluffy nature, leaves strands of lace. 5.0

S - Light blueberry notes, lots of sourness and funkiness. Perhaps a bit subdued overall but still a lovely fragrance. 4.0

T - I feel like this was an awesome lambic that had blueberries thrown in, which makes it even more awesome. Funky, sour, and earthy. Mildly dry finish. 4.5

M - Light and bubbly, champagne-like and crisp. 4.5

D - This is way too damn good. I'm glad I have a bottle saved. 5.0

4.15/5  rDev -1.7%

Sampled thanks to the generosity of HopStoopid120. Thanks for the trade!

A - Pours an odd off-pinkish purple with a pinkish head. One of the oddest looking beers I've seen, but given the ingredients, not unexpected. The beer is incredibly fizzy and settles to a pencil-thin head.

S - Some mild blueberries and funk. Some other reviews note that it smells a bit like berliner weiss, and I'd agree with that. Some mild funk but was hoping for more.

T - Tart blueberries followed with a sour tinge. The sourness is not out of control, and is well balanced with the fruit. As expected, these are the predominant flavors here, not much else.

M / D - The mouthfeel is very nice: Exceptionally carbonated, almost as much as a seltzer. It serves the beer well. I only had about a 7 oz pour, but wish I had more.

LeBleu is an above average beer. I believe after my first taste I said "I could drink this all day, any day". Not mindblowing but a very solid offering.

4.18/5  rDev -0.9%

Thanks to the amazing Beerloco for this one. Batch E!021 served in my Kuhnhenn tulip glass.

A - Pours with a billowing pink-tinged foam that dissipates to a thick creamy cap and leaves a few chunks of lace. Orange-pink colored body that lightly hazed and reveals a massive stream of bubbles.

S - Lots of oak, hay and barnyard, white wine, and blueberry skins. There's also a fair bit of lactic sourness over a graham crackery malt backbone. This smells more like a blueberry Berliner Weiss than like a blueberry lambic. While I normally like all these smells there's something that doesn't mesh/integrate perfectly here - there's some sort of peppery spice that seems out of place.

T - The taste is again very vinous and oaky, with only a mild blueberry character. The taste is lightly sour and funky, but not overly tart.The finish is lightly buttered graham cracker - guessing from the oak, but it seems to be a somewhat persistent flavor from Northeastern wild ales (Allagash, Ithaca, etc.) so perhaps it's from the brett strain present up there. I had this on-tap at Night of the Funk, and I liked the blueberry character better then - maybe this was aged at the brewery a little too long.

M - The body is actually quite smooth for an American wild - the carbonation seems to all go into the massive foam. The body is on the lighter side of medium, and finish is lightly dry with some residual candy sensations. The residual feel is a nice tannic oakiness.

D - I attempted to share this with a few friends, but they weren't in a big drinking mood so I ended up having most of it on my own. Alcohol isn't really present, it's not bracingly sour or tart, and it's quite a nice beer, so it's a pretty excellent brew for sessions - other than the limited distribution of course. My stomach is starting to feel a touch unsettled about 500ml in, so it's not perfect but it's close.

3.48/5  rDev -17.5%

Thanks to pecorasc for opening this one up. Split the 750 mL bottle four ways.

A- Poured a grapefruit color with pink hues throughout. Produced three fingers of white, foamy, carbonated head. Dissipated pretty quickly, leaving a thin white film on top of the beer.

S- Mild scent of blueberry skins and barnyard funk. Mild lactic presence. Nothing over the top or distinct. The aroma was very similar to some berliner weisses I have had before, but with a fruity note.

T- Much like the aroma. Pleasant notes of blueberries upfront with some fruit skins. Very mild on the acidity. Some brett and barnyard funk in there as well. Noticed some oak in the back end too. Very one dimensional.

M- Way too carbonated. Borderline champagne rather than a beer. Flavors were masked as a result.

D- The flavors weren't that bad, just too simple and too bubbly for my taste.

Overall, pretty disappointed in this one, especially since I loved Brute so much. The carbonation really muted the depth and complexity of this beer. It's an okay beer, if you like celebrating with a beer rather than champagne.

4.6/5  rDev +9%

Sampled January 2010
Extremely fizzy, the beer pours with a purple / pink tinged off white colored head. Even a careful pour sees my large Tripel Karmeliet tulip filling up with foam and even overflowing the sides of my glass. The beer is a murky, honey / pale-amber color that shows a red-tinged, light amber color when held up to the light. The aroma smells of earthy, musky Brettanomyces backed by a subtle, floral fruitiness. Somewhat cheesy smelling (in a funky farmhouse cheese way), musty (like damp, slightly molded earth), . The fruitiness here is quite noticeable, even if not dominant, and for some reason I want to describe the aroma as pink; I can't really figure out why, but this is what the blueberry notes make me think of, perhaps it is because the beer smells very floral like too. The smell of pink (definitely a fruity smell), I am not sure what it is, but this describes it perfectly for me. There is a light tartness to this beer, almost more urea than lactic smelling. Yep this is definitely heavily influenced by Brettanomyces.

Fairly dry tasting as it hits my tongue, there is perhaps a hint of sweetness let that accentuates a fruitiness to the finish. The fruit in the finish really lingers and it morphs into various flavor phases; berry like at first, it then has a lightly chalky children's aspirin flavor (fake grape I think) and finally it has a blueberry skin tannic edge that tastes of fleshy ripe blueberries but causes a touch of puckering from the light astringency. There is a nice, light tartness to this beer; mostly lactic, with just a wisp of urea towards the finish, and there is probably both an influence from the blueberries and perhaps even the wine barrels. Speaking of which, the oak here is nicely soft, it is noticeable, but doesn't dominate the other flavors; there is a definite textural tannic structure to the body in the finish, there are some softly spicy oak notes as well as a lightly toasty wood character in the middle and finish. My wife tastes banana in this beer, and now that she mentioned it, there is a soft note of this here that I pick up on.

After a fresh pour I have some opportunity to eat foam lest my glass over-flows again. The foam is light and fruity tasting with a soft acidity. The beer underneath this voluminous head is quite fizzy, which seems to work for this light, tannic supported, beer. While the fruitiness here doesn't seem to be distinctly blueberry based, it is at a really nice level; there is a definite influence in the profile of this beer, but it only adds to the complexity and doesn't drown out the funky and barrel derived notes. This is one of those beers where a 750 of it disappears way faster than you would prefer. The funkiness isn't quite as pronounced as it is in the aroma, but it is still quite noticeable with a definite muskiness, some woody mushroom flavors and a finish that has a light, chalky, slightly medicinal phenolic character to it.

This is actually quite nice, I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is damn good. I did really love Brute batch 1, but I still haven't gotten it into my head that Ithaca brews some tasty sours; and they do. With the blend of 1, 2 and 3 year old barrells this might evoke some comparisons with Lambics, but this is definitely not that, even if it does have many of the flavor components from a Lambic. This isn't nearly as sour (which is really the main difference), but I still am enjoying this with out the bracing acidity I so often crave. This beer does show the great finesse that I like to see in a fine Gueuze; it is a balance between earthy notes, a strong muskiness, light oak, noticeable fruit and, in this case, light acidity that makes this beer such a joy to drink.

2.18/5  rDev -48.3%

Generously shared at the Pliny the Younger release by nickd717. Thanks Nick.

04/13/10 -- I had it again recently (courtesy of bring) and I'm still not convinced this is near the top end of the AWA style. It's not fair to compare it to Blabaer exactly, but this isn't in the same league as Consecration, Supplication, Red Poppy, or even Brute!

A: Pours a pink-tinted light amber body. The head is light beige with, again, a pink tint. It retains poorly, falling into a thin layer of scattered bubbles. No lacing.

S: Blueberries, light citrus, barnyard, and light lactic sourness. Some white wine and oak. A fairly weak aroma overall; it's neither pungent nor complex nor well-defined. Just satisfactory.

T: Pretty lacking in blueberry. I attended a nice sour tasting in early January that introduced me to many of the big names in the sour world, including Blabaer. LeBleu, I poured Blabaer, I smelled Blabaer, Blabaer was drank by me. LeBleu... you're no Blabaer. Light fruitiness, a definite lactic presence, and a definite brett presence: but the beer is undeveloped in all of those areas. I get a hint of chardonnay (?) and oak that seem like the beer just needed more time in some barrels to let the flavors develop. Light blueberry in the aftertaste. Weak flavor.

M: Surprisingly overcarbonated. VERY fizzy, distractingly so (cutting into the flavor a lot). It's light-bodied, obviously. A tad on the dry side.

D: I could easily drink a lot of this (after swirling out all the bubbles), but I wouldn't say it's a good sour in the spectrum of all that I've tried: it doesn't compare to anything from Russian River, Lost Abbey, or Jolly Pumpkin. Heck, it's nowhere near as good as Brute! I doubt I'll seek this out on my own, seeing how hard it is to trade for. I'm thankful I got to try it. But it's just not very good.

4.25/5  rDev +0.7%

Served in a flute at tnd.
A- large fluffy head that had some lasting power. Purple red in color with champagne like bubbles ascending the glass. S- crisp and clean slightly sour and fruity, sweet blueberries and lemon zest.
T- very nice crispness again with a mild sour fruity touch. Blueberry as expected and a faint apple touch. Slight funk and lemon.
M- very effervescent, the bubbles attack the mouth and lift the beer on a fizzy cloud over the tongue. I've don't think I've had such a carbonate wild, its very cool.
D- this while highly carb'd is so refreshing and delicious with that mild sourness I would drink it all day. Not to high in abv and sour. Paired well with some raw oysters. A great american wild ale.

3.83/5  rDev -9.2%

From a bottle into a glass at Teresa's Next Door for their Ithaca night.

A- Lebleu looks great with just the sparkling white champagne frothy head with legs. I've never seen this much retention in a wild before. The liquid itself, a mix between red, purple & blue. The foam did not manage to stick to the glass.

S- A fine line between fruity and funky, I think the fruit is winning. Blueberries and blackberries. Under that a musk of faint funk from the brett. While the berries are not a blast in the face, they win the show and don't smell entirely fake.

T- Blueberries and the other berries are up front but are somewhat faint compared to the nose. Sweet, somewhat medicinal. Some light young funk and a small pucker, not balls to the wall sour, some acidity. That's all I really get from this.

M- Sparkling, very crisp and a bit overly carboned. Not a very smooth ride, there is some bumps. A step below medium with a acidic vibe to it. Perhaps to much champagne yeast? A good mix between sweet and sour on the mouth, vice versa.

D- This is easy enough to do a bomber to the head, but I'll share mine with my friends when I go on vacation in a bit. I got the point of this beer fairly quickly, not complex, but spot on for a American blueberry sour, the label does not lie.

I've heard the base beer for this is 'Brute'. I can see maybe one of the three years of beer in here (07,08,09) being that, but it cant be 100%, Brute has not been out that long.

4.03/5  rDev -4.5%

I was able to score one of these from JayOh.. Big Thanks Tim!! But my buddy Ditmier cracked one of his at his tasting Friday night.. Thanks Eric.

Big 3 finger lite pink head.. the brew is pink in color .. nice lacing.

Mild lactic sour in the nose.. an only hints of blueberry.. some lemon zest... develops nicely as it really warms up.

Sour and funky.. but ehhh.. okay... the blueberry only really shows with warmth... alot of warmth.. tannic apple skin.. brett shows as some barnyard with warmth.. very dry on the finish... huge carbonation is like a sparkling wine.. the body is lite... could use some heavier pale malt presence mid palate to tie things together.. This just seemed a bit anticlimactic given the interest... However, that said, it was very drinkable and very nice overall.. I am very happy that I have a bottle to sit on and break out with the boys down the road.

Appreciation again goes out to Tim and Eric.

4.5/4/4/4/4

3.93/5  rDev -6.9%

split bottle with PaulMPap

a- pours a hazy pinkish purple with a little tiny foamy ring of a head that laces pretty decently.

s- funky for sure but i couldnt pick up any blueberries off just the scent. lemons and sour grapes most certainly. tart candies and some weird stale farm smell. very interesting.

t&m- acidic for sure, too much of this guy could be dangerous. blueberries finally show up (since nothing blueberry related looked like it was in my glass or smelled like it) very ripe fresh sour fruits, apples, grapes, oranges, etc. hay, straw, grass funk. like i said before though, super sour and acidic.

d- this one could burn a hole in my stomach or heart as it most likely shreds the pH scale. overall good to drink a little bit, but even a whole bomber might do some intestinal damage. atleast it tastes delicious though!!

4.63/5  rDev +9.7%

Bottle split amongst friends at Cambridge Commons at the post EBF brunch.

I did have the other blueberry sour so....

A: Really nice looking purplish golden color. At some points it looked more red at other points it looked more purple. A little bit of white head with quite big bubbles. Tons of visible carbonation as well.

S: REALLY funky. Bret is all over this beer. Little bit of horse. You never really get the in your face blueberry that I know I was looking for. You get a little bit of tartness in the nose for sure though.

T: If you gave this to me and said try this beer I would love it. The label drives the demmands up. It is a super funky beer and you can totally taste the Brute in here. It is a tart horse and a great one at that. You get some fruit but you really had to strech out to say wow there it is blueberries.

M: Super light and dry just like brute. Even a touch drier.

D: I loved this beer. I feel like my review was ragging on it a bit but this is an excellent beer and a world class sour. Cellaring wise the longer you hold on to this the little blueberry in there will fade and this will keep getting funkier if you are into that sort of thing.

4.28/5  rDev +1.4%

A: Hazy pinkish/purple but more pink in color. Nice foamy white head that is also slightly pink in color.

S: Sweet fruity, sour, and funky. Not getting a ton of blueberry in the nose, more so just funky characters.

T: Sweet tart up front, sour in my mouth and then a pretty dry finish. I enjoy both the Brute and this with the champagne yeast.

M: Really active and carbonated but a little thin. I wouldn't say in a bad way, but thin.

D: Awesome. I really like this beer and think it's good for what it is. Having not had that other blueberry sour ;) I can't weigh in but this is another great offering by Ithaca. I hope they continue to produce more. Brute and this are great offerings.

4.51/5  rDev +6.9%

I drank this after Black Tuesday, so read this review with a grain of salt.

This beer looks like a champion. It pours a nice amber color with a nice think white head. I'm not sure if amber is the proper descriptor but it's darker than brute but not purple from the blueberry. The beer is visibly carbonated and it continues to replenish the head.

There isn't any blueberry in the nose. It is funky with a mix of sourness and some barnyard Brett. There is some fruitiness but it's more apple than blueberry.

The flavor is nice and tart. Again, not really much blueberry which is disappointing. I was hoping for something like blabaer and this isn't it. It's definitely a great beer, just not fruit driven. It is chock-full of tartness though and just like the aroma it is a mix of sour and barnyard. The Brett stands out more in the flavor than the aroma. The flavor ends quickly and there us no aftertaste.

The body is light as expected. It is unremarkable in the respect that it is right where it should be and nothing else.

This is not what I expected or was hoping for but was good none the less. Definitely glad I got it.

3.88/5  rDev -8.1%

Since I missed EBF this year, I figured it would be appropriate to open something special in the meanwhile. Ithaca Lebleu pours a radiant pink, slightly hazed, and a big pillow of white heading. I guess I was expecting it to be darker, but regardless it is a very pretty looking brew. First thing that hits the nose is Lambic/Wild funk, with some berries (raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries) sweetening things some. There is also something a bit medicinal going on in the smell. Taste is not overly sour, but enough to make you pucker up a bit. Blueberry is less prevalent in the taste, however that might pick up some more as the beer warms, or perhaps as it gets older. The carbonation is pretty high, which I think could be toned down a bit to help with drinkability. That medicinal character can also be detected in the taste, but does not get in the way too much. Since the last time I had this at the Belgian Beer Fest a few months ago, this beer has developed in lots of ways, which leads me to think that it will continue to evolve as time goes on. Overall I am more than satisfied with this wild from Ithaca. Maybe it is unfair to compare them, but I would choose their Brute over this any day of the week. Cheers

3.83/5  rDev -9.2%

Poured from a 750ml bottle into a red wine glass. The cork was indeed a pain to get out and gave a little budge when I took off the warp which made me nervous, but after taking all the necessary precautions found that it did not gush or burst like many other people have previously stated. The beer poured a beautiful grapefruit juice color with a large pinkish white head that left minimal lacing, less than I had expected. Smelled, well, sour and funky with a very faint berry smell on the end. Smells quite good actually. Oh the deception. The taste is kind of a letdown based off of the smell. Don't get me wrong, it is not bad by any means, just not what I expected. Sour on the front with no discernable blueberry flavor initially. Some kind of berry yes, but I am not really getting blueberry. The flavors roll over my tongue like silk. Very smooth to drink but very dry, a champagne dryness inherently takes over. It is almost palate cleansing. Thus the mouth feel is quite nice and it is very drinkable but all in all it loses out in the taste department for me. It was just "okay", but overall a decently good beer.

3.88/5  rDev -8.1%

Received this beer via a recent trade and have been excited to try it. I'm a big fan of Brute and missed out on this when it hit distribution in Manhattan.

Appearance- Pours a beautiful hazy pinkish-red out of the bottle with a massive three fingers of pink head as well. Lots of carbonation but not quite the gushing I expected after seeing a few threads about corks popping while in cellars. Surprising amount of sticky lacing left and great head retention, with it finally dying back to a sheet across the top of the beer.

Smell- Hmm, initially some mild notes of funk, followed by a whiff of tartness and blueberry skins. Some other fruit flavors mixed in as well, of a black raspberry nature. A nice smell, but I didn't quite know what to expect as this is my first blueberry lambic.

Taste- Berries are more up front in this department and it starts off with blueberry skins and other assorted mixed berry flavors. Followed by some very mild but present funk. Finishes with a mild tartness that is well balanced and no-where near as biting as I was expecting. Solid flavor profile.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability- Mouthfeel reminds me a bit of Juliet where I was expecting it to deliver because of the massive head but ultimately found it overly thin even for the style. I don't know what it was about it, but I perceived it as a touch watery in the mouth. Drinkability was decent as well, but I found the flavors to become progressively muted as the beer warmed and by the time I finished my glass they had gotten a bit dull.

Overall, a solid sour and a nice introduction for me into blueberry wilds. I prefer Brute, but I'm glad I had a chance to try this.

4.27/5  rDev +1.2%

Decided to open something special tonight for review #200. For some reason Le Bleu just sounded right for the occasion. Thanks to Budgie for trading me this to try. I had read some people having gushing problems with these bottles so I was extra careful taking that long cork out over the sink, but it wasn't necessary.

It opened with a nice pop and I poured it into a set of New Glarus flute glasses. It poured an amber pinkish color, almost the color of a rosé wine. The head rose quickly and almost overflowed the glass. It took several pours to get enough beer in the glass to drink. The head was very full and bubbly and it left pretty nice lacing on the glass as I drank it.

The aroma has a pretty strong acidic tartness to it with a good berry quality also. I'd like to say I'm picking up blueberry out of the berries but I could be tricking myself into believing it's there, since I know it's in the beer. If it's there it's lighter then the overall fruitiness to it.

The taste has a fairly strong acidic, tart and sour flavor to it. it has a slight sweet fruitiness to it that really gives it a slight candy like sweet-tartness to it. The fruitiness it has really helps make this a complex tasting and delicious beer.

The mouthfeel is on the lighter side and the carbonation is high. The carbonation is very sharp and tangy on the tongue, almost champagne like. Drinkability is good, it was very good tasting which definitely helps the drinkability a lot.

Overall it was a very good sour beer, my only real criticism is I felt carbonation was a little too high. The carbonation made it fizz up like crazy making it hard to pour, but more importantly it was very sharp on the tongue which seemed to mask a little of the flavor. The flavor was very good though and the blueberries added a nice complexity in both the taste and the nose. It's too bad this was a one time release, with a little tweaking this could probably go from a very good beer to a exceptional beer.

3.35/5  rDev -20.6%

Bottle via trade thanks to soulforpeanuts on BA. Basically as an extra because Rick is an awesome trader. Shared this at Russian River at the PtY release.

Pours a fairly light and hazy pinkish-golden-orange color with a fairly fizzy white head.

Aroma is bretty barnyard funk, blueberries, white wine, and a little bit of malty sweetness. As for the flavor, well, someone mentioned SweetTart candies, and I definitely got some of that. Blueberries are definitely noticeable, as well as bretty funk and yeastiness, and sweet bready pale malt.

Medium-light body with very high carbonation, maybe even a little too high.

Drinkability is solid. Overall, this beer is pretty good, but didn't really wow me as a great example of the style.

4.5/5  rDev +6.6%

I got to try Le Bleu. Another notch in the belt for me as I try to keep up with all these great releases anymore. Seems to me to be a never ending parade of releases but I was lucky enough to run into this one at a tasting over the weekend. Served chilled and poured into a small, six ounce snifter glass, this one was consumed on 02/07/2010.

The pour was rather interesting, very nice, light color. A medium golden amber with loads of haze and a slight color to it rushes into the glass with tremendous force pushing up a head of white foam that reaches a height of near three inches before it finally drops down and leaves literally tons of foam and sticky lacing all up and down the sides of the glass. A tremendous aroma of sour fruit coming off of this now. Berries, dark barnyard aromas. Acidic with hints of vinegar and sour fruits just rippling through the air. Even letting it settle out for a few moments does nothing to cut the complexity of this one. As I take the first sip, the light, airy and nearly perfectly carbonated body just prickles at the tongue leaving no doubt as to the wave after of wave of flavor that I was about to experience. Nothing subtle here as wine like flavors start to tug at the taste buds. Ripe fruit, grape skins, tannic acid like flavors all merging in a light, airy and well constructed ale that leaves me dry, puckered faced, and yearning for another sip. The long lasting and wonderful notes of fruit just sitting perfectly right up on the tongue for all to see.

Overall just a wonderful, wonderful American wild ale. I like Brute a touch more only because well its just damn complex, but this would hold its own against a myriad of offerings any day of the week. Thrilled to death to be able to try this one.

3.95/5  rDev -6.4%

Pour is a dark red/pink, enormous 4" head. I got a bit scared when it started hissing out of the cork while I had the stopper in it. Smells funky, not so much blueberry. Nice acetic sour element as well. Taste is similarly funky, bit of barnyard with some residual sweetness. Nicely, but not excessively sour. Also not much in the blueberry department, although there is a bit of a faint, jam element to it (not clearly blueberry). Perhaps a bit over-carbonated, both on the pour and in the mouthfeel. I found it to be a bit prickly.

4.23/5  rDev +0.2%

Bottled shared by RoyMunson.
Pours a light reddish gold in color. A very nice, frothy, inch of white head on the pour.
Smell is much more funk than I was expecting. Really was expecting much more of a fruity, floral nose.
Very tart in the mouthfeel. Very high amount of carbonation as well. That could be toned down a bit. Good flavor none the less.
This is relatively new and fresh, but the amount of funk it's already showing is incredible. Well done.

4.33/5  rDev +2.6%

Thanks to RoyMunson for sharing.

750ml brown bottle poured into a snifter.

A: Pours a murky grapefruit juice amber. Decent head on the pour with some retention. Some lacing.

S: Good sourness and some nice funk. Funk isn't quite at the cheesy level but pretty good. Some berry aroma but doesn't really scream blueberry. Light tartness from some citric light fruits.

T/M: Plenty of sourness with a little bit of the green fruit tartness. Good funkiness. Musty and dank. Some more of the berry flavor but again, doesn't scream blueberries. Medium to medium light body with higher carbonation.

D: Low ABV and refreshing.

LeBleu from Ithaca Beer Company