Ground Break | Ithaca Beer Company

1.75/5  rDev -54.7%

2.25/5  rDev -41.7%

2.25/5  rDev -41.7%

2.41/5  rDev -37.6%

Looked like an interesting buy and I love Ithaca products; however, this one doesn't sit with me right in terms of the style. Maybe it's because I'm used to more crisp and clear saisons?

A: A cloudy copper body with a 1/8" thick head which dissipated within a couple minutes after a couple sips. Can't really see the carbonation either. I was expecting a crispy, clear, and straw-colored body with excited carbonation and a thick head.

S: Blah... nothing special. Smells of mild hops and malts. Can't really pinpoint anything so I'm not going to make anything up either.

T: Tastes a bit like table salt with hops added into the container.

M: Salty up front with the hop character coming through in the end. Pretty light on the tongue with some crisp carbonation in the end as well.

D: I wish I only picked up one of these as part of a mix-a-six instead of the entire 6 pack. I'm having a rough time finishing one. Not what I expected as a saison.

2.44/5  rDev -36.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pale yellow colored beer with a rich thick slowly fading head.Aroma is spices.Taste is lemon-grapefruit,hops and spices.This beer tastes too much like a witbier which I do not like.I will never buy this again and will warn all of my drinking buddies to stay away from this one.

2.69/5  rDev -30.3%

I am not sure what this beer is trying to be: Saison, Wit, Pale Ale, whatever. The appearance of the beer gave me hope that this was going to be a good experience. Clear, pale yellow, with a frothy white head. Bringing it to the nose is where I got my first indication that there was something not right. There was the spiciness of the Witbier, but slightly off, reminding me of something I might have smelled in my basement, namely a funk that didn't belong in a beer. The taste started off with a decent spiciness, some raw barnyard flavor (not bad), but ended with a thin IPA bitterness. The mouthfeel was somewhat thin, but not too bad. I was able to finish the glass, but there were a few moments where I questioned whether the calories were worth it.

2.75/5  rDev -28.8%

2.75/5  rDev -28.8%

2.77/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.96/5  rDev -23.3%

@ The Parrish, Boston MA. The waitress said it's like Jack D'or but not as much That could be said of a lot of beers.

Darker and clearer than most saisons , it's dark gold with not a cloud in the sky. Frothy head disappoints slides to a thin collar. Left one little patch.

Usual saison yeasty spice with candied ginger. Nice. Taste is dry and appropriately spicy but offset by a lumpy body. Like some one tossed saison yeast into an English pale. Not a fan.

Ground Break from Ithaca Beer Company