Flower Power India Pale Ale | Ithaca Beer Company

Ithaca Beer Company
New York, United States
ithacabeer.com

Style: American IPA

Enjoy the clover honey hue and tropical nose. Simultaneously punchy and soothing with a big body and a finish that boasts pineapple and grapefruit. Flower Power is hopped and dry-hopped five different times throughout the brewing and fermentation process.

Added by Todd on 09-17-2002

Ratings: 5,296 |  Reviews: 1,294

4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

3.5/5  rDev -16.1%

4.67/5  rDev +12%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

IMHO the best smelling IPA I have tried! The hop aromas are incredible!
Taste is great...very balance...I would have scored it higher but there is a funky little (very faint) aftertaste that I don't care for...However it is an amazing IPA and I can't wait to visit the brewery the next time I go to the Finger Lakes (NY).

3.75/5  rDev -10.1%

4.63/5  rDev +11%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Wow, that is my initial impression. The pour was a light golden tone with a small head that disappeared rather quickly.

But I didnt have to bring the glass to my nose to realize that this was going to be a good hoppy beer.

Nothing disappointment me with this beer. I love my stouts this time of year, but I always love a good hoppy IPA.

The typical grassy, citrus grapefruit aroma and taste came through full, rich, noticeable, but still very easy

The taste was even better than the aroma. The first sip was nice, the second sip better, then third even better and better. This was an easy beer to drink, but each sip let you know you were drinking a quality brew....

I purchased one six pack for everyone to try at the store and one six pack for me!

02/14/13
Another IPA in my review. Just like the other ones, this came down just a notch. I felt it didnt have the overall body and fullness that the others had

09/12/13
Another time with this one... Everything I said about it before still holds so very true.
This is more than first class. What I really enjoyed about it this time was the mouthful. It was big, hoppy, so balanced, bitter, but not to bitter, full, but not to full. I've tasted other IPAs or DIPAs that I've rated higher for specific reasons, but Flower Power overall has everything I want for a special beer or even an every day beer.
This beer is slowly becoming my number one IPA! And I love so many different ones. I only wish we could get more of this

4.42/5  rDev +6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours a light amber color with a decent head and nice lacing.

I get mostly citrus followed by some earthy hop aroma.

This is one of the most drinkable IPA's I've ever had. It's got big hops, a nice malt counterpoint, a fruity complexity and just a touch of alcohol heat.

Medium carbonation and a nice dry finish.

Unlike some IPA's this beer leaves you wanting more. It has a nice hop profile without being overly bitter. It might be the best "session" IPA's out there. Definitely recommend this brew.

4.18/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Sampled on tap at Mug's Ale House in Brooklyn.

Light, yellowish golden with a slight haze and a small white head. Nice floral hop aroma. I can see where the name comes from. Fantastic balanced flavor with equal contributions from hop flavor and bitterness. The malt is noticeable. A creamy texture.

A great beer with excellent harmony and an amazing freshness.

Flower Power India Pale Ale from Ithaca Beer Company