Flower Power India Pale Ale | Ithaca Beer Company

Ithaca Beer Company
New York, United States
ithacabeer.com

Style: American IPA

Enjoy the clover honey hue and tropical nose. Simultaneously punchy and soothing with a big body and a finish that boasts pineapple and grapefruit. Flower Power is hopped and dry-hopped five different times throughout the brewing and fermentation process.

Added by Todd on 09-17-2002

#852

Ratings: 5,305 |  Reviews: 1,295
2.75/5  rDev -35%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

WTF? Picked-up a six-pack at Kappy's in Norwell for about twelve dollars. I have had this brew before, and liked it, however, thought that it fell well short of the hype. This review only pertains to the batch I just bought. I am not sure if it is off, as Bletchley Park could not make sense of the caca-poopy black on brown bottled-on dating. Way too boozy tasting for that ABV, something is rotten in Denmark. #bodthaticanread

4.25/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.73/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.18/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.29/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.3/5  rDev +1.7%

3.89/5  rDev -8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Trying this beer at the bar in the Embassy Suites in Downtown Pittsburgh. It poured a clear golden with white head that left some lace. The scent had hints of potpourri. The taste if fairly well balanced with floral notes being present. The mouthfeel was lighter in body with good carbonation. Overall it's a solid beer.

3.15/5  rDev -25.5%

4.21/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.89/5  rDev -8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.31/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.42/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.5/5  rDev -17.3%

4.12/5  rDev -2.6%

I am nearing the end of my latest horizontal, this one of Ithaca offerings, as a part of the eradication of the Bottle Backlog here at Chez Woody.

From the bottle: Nada. I am not a fan of their no longer putting the ABV on the labels. I dig the minimalist look of the new labels, but less is not always more.

I find it VERY hard to believe that I have not previously reviewed Flower Power IPA, but since no review exists, I must press on. I know that I had a bottle for a Bro. Woody Knows Beer piece about a local florist, but this bottle is fresh from the FGBS here in town, so maybe something funny happened on the way to the Forum. SMH.

I could not make heads nor tails of the date stamp on the bottle, but it was a recent purchase on my part. Even so, I have become skittish & once I Pop!ped off the cap, I gave it a gentle pour followed by a vigorous in-glass swirl. This action raised two-plus fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, bone-white head that slowly fell back down. leaving great lacing in its wake. Color was an oh-so-slightly-hazy Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7), but it seemed to be clarifying as it warmed, leading me to wonder if it might not be a chill haze. Nose had a tropical fruitiness, like mango, papaya and pineapple. Hmmm. Mouthfeel was medium, but very soft, especially for the style. Usually, these AIPAs attack my tongue like Gangbusters coming through the door, but not in this case. The taste was deeply of pineapple, but underlain by a light grapefruit bitterness and a bready malt flavor. I thought of pineapple upside-down cake as I was drinking it! Yum. Finish was semi-dry, again, unusual in the style in my experience, but quite tasty. I really must return to this once I get caught up.

4.47/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.31/5  rDev -21.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

4.18/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.33/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.03/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

4.37/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Flower Power India Pale Ale from Ithaca Beer Company