MacGregor's Scotch Ale | Ithaca Beer Company

Ithaca Beer Company
New York, United States
ithacabeer.com

Style: Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by syrbeer on 03-13-2004

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4/5  rDev 0%

Bet you can't guess where I've been drinking today. You guessed it. MacGregor's again. Once again I'm there in search of the perfect beer.
Todays beer was MacGregor's Scotch Ale. Not a bad beer. It's actually pretty good.
It pours a dark brown colour with a thin tan head that disapates into a lovely lace around my glass. It stands firm as a luxury alse just by its appearance.
The aroma of roasted malts fill the air as I take in a deep breath. Simple, yet complex. The smell can tell you a lot about a beer. There were not traces of adjunct and only the slightest trace of hops.
Tasting the beer oly enforced my thoughts of the aroma. My palate was overcome with a very malty taste, mostly of roasted malts. The taste was very clean and warming.
I like This beer. A strong showing from Ithaca.

MacGregor's Scotch Ale from Ithaca Beer Company