Brewer's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Barleywine | Central Waters Brewing Co.

Brewer's Reserve Bourbon Barrel BarleywineBrewer's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Barleywine
4.31/5
Outstanding

Central Waters Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
centralwaters.com

Style: American Barleywine

Aged for 1 year in used bourbon barrels.

Added by Atron67 on 03-02-2008

#490

Ratings: 2,398 |  Reviews: 654

Poured 2012 Vintage into a New Belgium snifter. It is a very amber colored cloud.

smell is sweet dark fruit... plum, dates, and a small alcohol burn. maybe some bourbon and sugar in it to.

Taste is where it all gets awesome, first vanilla, brown sugar, bourbon, nice dark fruit, alcohol is strong at end.

mouthfeel is perfect fot the style.

Wow this beer is another one that makes me happy to live in Wisconsin. I would put this up against pretty much any other barlywine that is out. The bourbon really works nice. If you are a Bourbon aged fan this is just about perfect

I love my wife, my guitars, my car and my own homebrew, but this beer is my favorite thing. It is very limited and hard to get aholf of, basically because I buy it all up whenever I see it. It takes me about an hour or two to finish a bottle. I think they use the same barrels as thier cherry stout, so expect slight cherry flavors to come through when it is warm. Drink at room temp. Wash over your tongue. This beer changed my freakin' life!

Brewer's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Barleywine from Central Waters Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.31 out of 5 with 2,398 ratings