Boddingtons Pub Ale | Boddingtons

3.12/5  rDev -2.2%

4.75/5  rDev +48.9%

3.24/5  rDev +1.6%

3.16/5  rDev -0.9%

This beer pours from the nitro-can with a thick creamy head and clear golden body.

I perceive very light aromas of lightly toasted malt, banana and honey sweetness with papery newsprint and earthy clay finish.

Very light flavors,slightly fruity(banana), bookish and grassy.

Somewhat watery and thin, yet smooth.

Refreshing on a hot day.

3.41/5  rDev +6.9%

Ahhh, an old favorite, this is one of the first beers that really showed me what beer could be. Has it lived up to my memories as my tastes have matured? Not quite . . .but I still feel like this is a quality mass-produced brew. A decent looking pour with an attractive head, a nice creamy, frothy, taste, I sense banana, am I crazy or is it there. A beer milkshake type of feel to it. Really the taste is a bit empty compared to what I'm used to, it comes and goes so quickly. Not offensive, just a bit weak. It doesn't live up to the better brews I have graduated too, but it does live up to the memories.

3.25/5  rDev +1.9%

2.72/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

It's great when you pour this beer and watch the cascading, but after that it's pretty downhill.

It's not a bad beer, but definitely not a good one.
It's pretty forgettable.

A - The cascading rocks.The beer pours a pale golden color with a beautiful creamy (cool whip almost) white head.

S - Nothing to grabby on the smell. Has a very pale dull smell to it.

T - The taste is very dull and uneventful. Almost watery. Infact I probably would have rather had just drank a bottle of water.. I wouldn't have spilled it all over when I opened it... and I'm convinced due to it being in the can, that's where you get this metallic aftertaste. UGH!

M - I was a little disappointed when I felt in my mouth. I thought it would be a lot creamier and heavier after I got a look at the head.

D - It's actually pretty drinkable because of the watered down taste.

I'd really like to drink this on tap though. I'm sure it'd be a much better way to taste it.

3.03/5  rDev -5%

3.16/5  rDev -0.9%

Creamy and smooth - say's it all
One of the thickest creamiest heads I've ever experienced on a beer at least 2 fingers thick. Pours just like a Guinness. A very light amber color with a snow wight head

Taste - not much to it. I know smooth is not a taste but that's all there is to it. It is mild, not to sweet not very hoppy.

Smell - nothing jumps out at you,

Mouthfeel is good. goes down like water or should I say it goes down like mountain dew compared to coke.

I do enjoy this beer. Consider it a guilty pleasure, I takes the place of Guinness in the summer. I suggest this as the first step to get some one off bud, miller etc. onto real beer,

2.95/5  rDev -7.5%

Served from nitro can into standard pint glass. Like most nitro beers, this one looks great. Cascading bubbles leads to 1 inch white thick white head that lasts and lasts. Beer itself is a clear dark golden color. No visible carbonation.
Very faint, beery smell with maybe some hops.
Neither malt or hops very prominent in the taste. Ends with some bitterness. Slight metallic taste. Mouthfeel like typical nitro beer. Smooth and light. Not much carbonation.
Overall this beer is easy to drink and session. There is not anything offensive but also not much to impress. It is much like most other nitro beers—it looks great but things are downhill after that.

3.04/5  rDev -4.7%

4.03/5  rDev +26.3%

Excellent readily available pale ale. Pop the top and pour quickly for a good head, with an full-bodied hearty taste. Pours clear and a deep dark amber with a pleasant crisp smell. Very easy to drink several of these, with the 4.7% ABV, and it's a pleasant everyday ale, great with a meal.

Boddingtons Pub Ale from Boddingtons