Kennebunkport Pumpkin Ale | Federal Jack's Restaurant & Brew Pub

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last
Reviews: 102 | Ratings: 231
2.57/5  rDev -10.8%

"natural flavor added"

a: Already disappointed by the color of this one, pale golden with a hint of amber. Fizzy white head recedes to a respectable ring.

smell and taste: Smells like macro lager and pumpkin spice, and tastes the same. On the nose I get dry pale grains and a lightly sweet, fruity spice. Cant' tell if I'm picking up on some squashy aromas, but it's possible. Black licorice and leaves if I try. Dominant spice aroma smells of cinnamon and maybe some nutmeg. The tongue follows suit, with weak pale grains and a fake, almost Red Hot candy type cinnamon. Watery. Pale lager grain aftertaste, lightly hopped all around. Nothing offensive anywhere I guess, but very "safe". Aroma comes close to enjoyable.

m: Carbonation bordering on high, with a light body. Dry.

d: Easy I suppose, but not a very rewarding experience. My least favorite pumpkin of all. The macro lager of pumpkin ales.

single bottle from Trader Joe's Cary, best by June 2008

2.75/5  rDev -4.5%

A- Golden orange, completely clear and fizzy. Pours with a 1 finger head that dies down quickly with no lacing.

S- Smell is very faint but I can pick out the pumpkin flavor, an intense sweetness and a big amount of spices.

T- Tastes like pumpkin bread. Mettalic tinge at the end that didnt bug me at first but as I got to the bottom of the beer really started to make me feel like I was drinking something from a BMC.

M- A bit thin and very carbonated.

D- I dig the taste for something this price and I definitely don't regret drinking it but something this sweet is more of a novelty then something you could drink a few of. For the price at trader joes it definitely was at least on par with what I expected.

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last