Wells Banana Bread Beer | Wells & Young's Ltd

Wells & Young's Ltd
England, United Kingdom
wellsandyoungs.co.uk

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Long ago, ale was known as 'liquid bread'. We've used our long history of creating the finest malt blends & added fair-trade bananas to awaken the senses with a seriously fruity, rich, yet surprisingly versatile banana bread beer.

An inspired brew made with our own natural mineral water & fairtrade bananas. Tempting Banoffee aromas & flavors are balanced by the silky richness of a masterful malt blend & the peppery spice of the freshest, ripest hops.

Added by rastaman on 08-15-2002

Ratings: 3,079 |  Reviews: 905

2.5/5  rDev -28.8%

4.25/5  rDev +21.1%

4.5/5  rDev +28.2%

2.5/5  rDev -28.8%

2.63/5  rDev -25.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Was really excited to give this a try as I love the smell and taste of bananas. Read the label and noticed that this is the same company that produces the Double Chocolate Stout. Hmmmm. I was disappointed in that one. Would the same apply here? Meaning would I be let down by the promise of flavor? Popped a bottle in the fridge and poured it into a beer glass. Nice 2 finger head that has some nice lacing as the head dissipates. I noticed the foam keeps throughout and never totally disappears. The color is a nice flat blondish orange. Clear looking. Has a faint smell of bananas that is artificial. I wish the smell was more pure. The taste has a very faint sweetness to it and the fake banana flavor comes through at the finish and lingers a bit. The beer itself has no body and is quite thin and watery. What happened to the "liquid bread" they were talking about? This is an easy beer to drink and I could probably have 2 bottles easily but I was disappointed in the overall taste. When I drink a flavored beer I want it to taste like what it is advertised. Towards the end I added some Dekuyper Creme de Banana just for kicks and the taste elevated to a new level. Granted it was still fake, the sweetness and the banana "flavor" was enhanced. I think this is a nice beer for women. (My wife liked the taste). I liked it ok, just wished it was more true and flavorful.

1.75/5  rDev -50.1%