Wells Banana Bread Beer | Wells & Young's Ltd

4.25/5  rDev +21.1%

2.5/5  rDev -28.8%

4.5/5  rDev +28.2%

3.62/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

It's a sort of amber-ornage with lighter yellow edges. A softly tinted head makes it to a finger and loses its form neither wlosly nor quickly. It's able to leave a bit of spotting to the glass as the beer falls.
The smell is pretty precise, and what I'd hoped for going in. Banana is fresh and strong, with a nice bready malt setting the base and making for the full experience of banana bread, no question.
In the flavor, the banana lies underneath, and most strongly in the finish. Malts are forward, but there's actually more of a hops presence than I'd expect. Definite mineral notes form in the forground and stick it out. It's even a little floral. Still good, but it's not quite the promise in the aroma.
The body is about medium, a little bit of a mineral edge as it translates into the feel. It's even slightly dry as that herbal hint creeps into the finish. Crisp and otherwise smooth, it goes down prety well.

3.16/5  rDev -10%

(Previous review, transferred from beer journal)

Wells Banana Bread Beer: British; Appearance: medium amber; Smell: banana bread scent, but doesn't last long; Taste/Mouthfeel: slight over-ripe banana flavor, slight nuttiness; okay

Poured into a pint glass.

4.5/5  rDev +28.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This has to be one of my favorite beers, I love bananas so this might be why but it has the perfect color like a orangish darkish copper, and I cant get enough of the taste, this is a beer I will keep around for a while. It smells very fresh and has low carbonation. this one scores to be in my top 5 favorite beers.

1.9/5  rDev -45.9%

I was sooo disappointed. I was sure that I would love this beer but I did not. It has a beautiful color, light copper, and a very small head that dissipates very fast. It smells lovely. But that is it. It's like water. For me, honestly, it is a drain pour and a waste of money. I wouldn't drink it if it were free. I even let it warm up a bit.

I'm not a beer snob at all but I just say No to this beer.

Wells Banana Bread Beer from Wells & Young's Ltd