Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer | Chili Beer Co.

awful
Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili BeerCrazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

Chili Beer Co.
Arizona, United States
chilibeer.com

Style: Chile Beer

Added by taez555 on 02-04-2002

4.34/5  rDev +153.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

This was a really cool beer with some good heat and spice to it. Really could taste the nice hot chili and I still found this beer on May 19, 2017. It may be an older beer but it didn't taste flat or anything found it at liquor barn.

4.99/5  rDev +191.8%

Don't buy all these "sophisticated" palates' reviews. This is a great beer for what it is. They aren't going for some fru fru IPA that appeals to the hipsters down the way. They are an embodiment of the spirit of the Southwest, which is where Cave Creek, AZ is. It might not look like the tastiest beer, but you WILL see the chili floating within the bottle. A feat yet to be accomplished elsewhere. The taste and smell are outstanding, unique, and fresher than one would believe from just looking at it. You can immediately taste the spice as you drink it down, but the spiciness never reaches an uncomfortable level! It maintains optimal levels of burn throughout the bottle. Only eat the chili if you've got the gall though! ...just kidding. It isn't that hot. The beer pulls all the spiciness out.

EXTREMELY UNDERRATED
(All the negative reviewers can shove it and get back to loving the smell of their own flatulence.)

1.31/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Woof, that appearance in the clear bottle with the looks like it was printed at home design. Pretty gnarly. Aroma was of macro extract and chili.

Taste, I mean, i've definitely had worse. It definitely has a lot of un-beer things going for it, most notably an almost vinegar like presence bringing imagery of these peppers being pickled and then dropped in post fermentation. I dunno if its the peppers or the lack of barley that make the alcohol pop hard and not in a good way here.

Because its been around so long and has wide distribution, its often on a lot of worst beer lists. And make no mistake, this beer sucks. But after a few thousand ticks, there's worse stuff out there. Somewhere slightly above the bud light a rita stuff and Rogue crazy shit, sits this turd.

1.33/5  rDev -22.2%

I had this about ten years and it's awful taste is imprinted in my head. All I can recall is that this liquid WTF, from Where we do not speak, tasted of acid reflux chased with carbonated urine . Don't be fooled, this beer was not retired. Cave Creek chili beer was exorcised back to the evil place it spawned from.

3.39/5  rDev +98.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.75

Depending on what I pair this with, I have been enjoying this beer since 2005. Definitely not the best, but I can easily get worse anyday of the week in my local retail cooler.

2.29/5  rDev +33.9%

Great ingrediants that just came a little short of making a good beer

1.42/5  rDev -17%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

3.12/5  rDev +82.5%

1.25/5  rDev -26.9%

1.25/5  rDev -26.9%

1.04/5  rDev -39.2%

This stuff had to be the worst beer I have ever tasted. No redeeming flavor, the only thing I recall was that it was hot (which in and of itself would be fine) and was pure dreck.

My first true drain pour.

I tasted this a couple of years ago at least, and had written some brief notes about it.

1.5/5  rDev -12.3%

1.5/5  rDev -12.3%

3.64/5  rDev +112.9%

sorry, but I love this sh*t. I wont session this. nor do I inted to drink this early on in my session, but this is an awesome dessert beer. reference all the breweries who are competing for the hottest beer competition.... you don't have to like it. but I do. cave creek, however, is not producing the best chile beer around, but it DOES provide a chile in every beer, which is kind of cool. it's not intended to supplant your favorite stout or ipa, but, rather, it IS an interesting aside to most beers produced and I appreciate it.
take it or leave it. I enjoy it. just like I enjoy sushi ever once in awhile....

2.75/5  rDev +60.8%

2.25/5  rDev +31.6%

Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer from Chili Beer Co.