Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer | Chili Beer Co.

awful
Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili BeerCrazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer

Chili Beer Co.
Arizona, United States | website

Style: Chile Beer

Added by taez555 on 02-04-2002

firstprev| 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next → last
Reviews: 230 | Ratings: 271

This beer has been sticking in my mind for several years now. Bought a bottle of it thinking "how cool". Well I should have thought "how hot." This beer is just undrinkable. I winced with every gulp, finally just pouring it down the drain. Although I sometimes want a case of this to play an evil prank on a frat or some other non-suspecting macro drunks. Could you imagine funneling this crap?

1.4/5  rDev -17.2%

This beer has no redeeming social value. Cheap beer with a serrano pepper thrown in. You drink it and it's hot. So of course you want something to drink to quench the heat. It's a nasty circle. I don't think it'd be good with chili, burritos or anything else because it has absolutely no refreshment value at all. A novelty beer is about all it is, and a poor one at that. And I like hot spicy food too.

1.32/5  rDev -21.9%

Pours a clear pale yellow color without even a fizzy head that even the american macro lagers can get. All I can smell is the pepper in this brew. No traditional beer smealls of hops, malt, adjunct, nothing, just too much damn pepper. Yummy, water with pepper extract added, this is just great stuff. Again there isn't anything else going on in this beer and even if there was you wouldn't be able to taste it since the pepper taste is soo strong. Incredibly thin this beer just isn't drinkable and is going to become one of the first brews that I've dumped down the drain in a long time. This stuff is just plain nasty and I would definitely like to warn everyone here to stay away from it.

1.91/5  rDev +13%

I've had this beer several times but was never able to finish a whole bottle. I guess I just can't learn my lesson. (Of course, I'm only drinking this to review it, and to get the last bottle out of my fridge). It looks good. The whole thing. The bottle, the pepper, the color. Can't keep a head. The aroma is odd, but not offensive in any way. I guess it's picking up something from the chili. The very first sip gives a touch of basic malt flavor, and some flavor from the pepper. The pepper flavor is actually kind of nice. Although the body seems medium/thin, the mouthfeel is obviously way out there. The heat builds quickly, and you can feel it immediately. I actually kind of like it at first - the sensation covers the upper back of the mouth and part of the throat. Kind of like an amplified feeling of the air escaping your lungs as you get the wind knocked out of you! But by the third taste it's all gone! I can't taste anything and the burn is NOT pleasant. That about covers it. Gimmick. If it wasn't technically beer in the bottle, I wouldn't even call it a beer. I've had much better pepper beers where the flavor is allowed to come through without killing you with heat. John Harvard's in Wayne, PA once did a nice smoked Chipolte beer like that.

Ben is too kind, after more than 1000 beers this is easily the worst beer I have ever had. It is a beer by label only, if there was a lower rating like zero it would have gotten it. Comes in a clear bottle so you can see the chili pepper, can you say pasteurized cow piss - not worth the $1.25.

firstprev| 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next → last
Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer from Chili Beer Co.