Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili | Chili Beer Co.

awful
Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con ChiliOriginal C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili

Chili Beer Co.
Arizona, United States
chilibeer.com

Style: Chile Beer

The beer is now owned by Cerveza Mexicali - listed at https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11174/221542/

Added by oelergud on 09-23-2007

by far the worst beer I have ever had.

A: piss yellow with a foamy head that doesn't stick around.

S: smells horrible. like tabasco sauce and vinegar and skunk.

T: horrible. starts fairly sweet, finishes a bit spicy. reminds me of frosted flakes, in goat piss, with tabasco sauce on them.

M: bubbly and light. leaves a pepper burn in the back of your throat.

D: the smell makes me think I'll throw up. The tastes confirms that thought. I always finish my beer because there are sober kids in India, that is until this one. on the bright side it might work as well as draino.

Undrinkable. 100% capsaicin burn with crappy lager flavor on top.

I didn't realize that they could bottle Tabasco sauce and pass it off as beer. Because that's all this is. You can miss the bottle, because it has a giant green pepper in it.

It's as spicy as hell and leaves a horrible burning from my mouth to about halfway down my trachea. It actually fizzes as you poor it into a glass.

I was worried about getting a disease while drinking this, and while I don't mind dying slowly from alcohol intake, I'd rather not have it be from a single crap beer.

Personally, I'll try any beer once. And I've wanted to try this one for some time now to see how bad it really is. Poured from the 12 ounce twist-off clear bottle with a chile pepper inside, into a taster glass.

A: Completely clear pale golden body with a small fizzy white head that was gone in seconds. Absolutely no head retention or lacing whatsoever. Talk about pathetic looking.

S: Gross. Spicy chili pepper, chili powder, black pepper, jalapeño and dill. That is seriously foul and disgusting. There's nothing from the "beer" base, if you would even argue it has one, that comes out at all.

T: Huge chili pepper flavors, peperoncini, chili powder and an overwhelming spiciness/burning sensation through the mouth and throat. Honestly, this is disgusting, vile and foul and is simply not drinkable. Two sips and I was finished, complete drain pour.

M: Bubbly, extremely carbonated, thin and watery. What else would you expect from a "beer" this like though? On par, yes, though it still is a terrible feel. Add the lingering burn for a good 15-20 minutes after I stopped drinking and this is just a complete fail.

Easily the worst beer I've ever had and this one is completely deserving of its score. The simple fact they bottle this and actually are getting sales (like me!) for consumption is mind-blowing. Although, this might be good to cook Mexican food with.

A - Light clear gold with a very thin, almost non-existing white head. No lacing, and of course there is a pepper floating around (I didn't pour it in the glass, but honestly it probably wouldn't matter).

S - Searing jalapeño juice and tabasco sauce. A number of other peppery smells. Hint of corn adjunct lager. Actually if you are looking for a very peppery chile beer, this might be a decent smelling beer.

T - Light dull tasting corn lager is the underlying base. This is always in the background. Upfront is the strong jalapeño juice and tabasco sauce. Pretty hot and spicy, but not bad or unbearable; however definitely not good or enjoyable.

M - Light and fizzy with lots of carbonation. Hot and tingly presence throughout the mouth that linger more than I wish it would.

D - I struggled to finish this one. After the first couple of sips, the novelty wore off and I was stuck with something I didn't really want to drink. Unfortunately, this is not one to chug, so I was stuck with it for a while.

Notes: I would say it is worth trying once just to see how bad it is and as a novelty drink. Even without all the pepper taste this would be a bad beer. This is not just a bad beer, it is an offensive one. The kind of beer that takes your mother out to dinner, shows her a good time, and never calls again. I have a policy of no drain pours, this beer tested that policy and stretched to the limit. Oh and if you are drinking this beer, you might as well eat the pepper, as it is probably the least offensive part, and lost essentially all of its heat so it is a slightly waxy, pulpy shell of a jalapeño.

This beer pours more like a soda than a beer. The head is really fizz, and goes away the second I am done pouring it. The color of the beer is golden, but it really doesn't look like beer. The aroma is tobasco sauce, very unbeery. The taste is awful in the strongest sense of the word. It is like drinking a bottle of tobasco sauce. The mouthfeel is like that of a soda, fizzy and light. Overall, I tried this beeer, because I wanted to know if it was as bad as my fellow BAs have said. They were right. This is one of the worst beers I've ever had. In fact, this is the worst thing I have ever drank....ever.

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili from Chili Beer Co.