Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili | Chili Beer Co.

awful
Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con ChiliOriginal C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili

Chili Beer Co.
Arizona, United States
chilibeer.com

Style: Chile Beer

The beer is now owned by Cerveza Mexicali - listed at https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11174/221542/

Added by oelergud on 09-23-2007

The worst thing ever

3.34/5  rDev +59.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.51/5  rDev +67.9%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: golden body with lots of fizz and foam on pour; no head retention at all. Oh, and it has a pepper in it

Smell: smells like a pilsner with just enough pepper smell to notice it. Reminds me of a chili relleno smell at a restaurant. Not that bad, actually.

Taste: I'm scared from the reviews. Here goes...Fairly smooth, refreshing, citrusy pilsner flavor to it, with some, but not a lot of pepper flavor; the heat starts to kick in pretty quickly, but it's not overpowering at all. It's about as much heat as a good bar of chili chocolate. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how refreshing it is. As it warms up, the pepper's vegetal flavor starts to come through.

Mouthfeel: fairly thin overall, which is expected; but smooth and balanced.

Remarks: It think it's much better than some folks are saying. Maybe it has a short shelf life and they got an old one. I'm not saying it's an award winner, but heck, I'd buy it again, just for the conversation aspect.

1.99/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

The look of this beer was what attracted me.Its looks clean and refreshing with an actual chile in it.The smell was a hot saucy cheap beer.The taste was a horrible cheap mexican cerveza with intense heat.It felt terrible going down and was way to hot and cheap tasting for my preference.I was suprised how hot this beer tasted and will always have the memory of my brothers face as we finished these beers,but i would never drink this beer again.

2.62/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.79/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

1.93/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

3.13/5  rDev +49.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

It is what it is... a chile beer, what do you expect? It looks like a standard mexican pilsner in a clear 12 oz bottle with a chili floating in it, nice gimmick. It taste similar to the lager I mentioned previously with a little spicy bite to it. Not the best but certainly not bad. If you ever thought of popping a hot pepper into a bottle of Corona then these guys just saved you the time and effort and did it for you.

1.51/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

1.61/5  rDev -23%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

1.79/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

1.91/5  rDev -8.6%

Chili Beer Co. "Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer"
12 oz. clear glass bottle

I don't know why I would drink this beer again seeing as I've had it probably a half dozen times over the years, and most of those times didn't even finish it. I've gotten used to the heat, and perhaps that's the draw for me - other than drinking it at a special event. The malt is basic, but what else could it be? To put the whole pepper in there it's going to be hot, and no matter what you do with the malt, it's screwed. There's also no sense in making it dark because then you wouldn't see the chili; because really, this is about the chili, and that's the gimmick. So what you get is a corny lager with a bit of pepper aroma (which actually comes off a little odd) and a lot of heat. Unless your friends have bought it for Cinco de Mayo or something like that it would probably best just to avoid it.

2.01/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

It's been a long time since I had this beer, but I'll never forget it...and not in a good way. Although this beer was, as many others have stated, flat with way too much pepper, it did make some of the best ever jalapeño beer bread! I'd give it a 4.25 on its bread potential but straight 2's otherwise.

3.44/5  rDev +64.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

2.49/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.84/5  rDev +35.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Bottled
& I do admit to not being a fan of lager or chilli
My already doubtful opinion is not helped by its appearance
it look flat no head
urine sample yellow with tainted with blood red hue
The aroma is cheap sweet lager with earthy chilli notes
the flavour is just burning chilli, hot but without being thirst quenching like other chilli beers I've had
I couldn't accurately tell you the mouthfeel because of it

well it certainly is a chilli beer

3.13/5  rDev +49.8%

it tastes like chips and salsa

4.57/5  rDev +118.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Let me start by saying I loved this beer. How could I not? Combining two of my favourite things, beer and chilli. I'll admit I bought it because of the novelty of a beer, not only flavoured with chilli but with a real green chilli pepper floating in each bottle. How cool is that? However I was very pleasantly surprised that the beer itself was of a high quality, really nice and refreshing. Then you get a little chilli tang which works well. Then the heat. Works for me. A wedge of lime makes it even better.

2.59/5  rDev +23.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili from Chili Beer Co.