Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili | Chili Beer Co.

awful
Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con ChiliOriginal C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili

Chili Beer Co.
Arizona, United States
chilibeer.com

Style: Chile Beer

The beer is now owned by Cerveza Mexicali - listed at https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11174/221542/

Added by oelergud on 09-23-2007

1.91/5  rDev -8.6%

Chili Beer Co. "Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer"
12 oz. clear glass bottle

I don't know why I would drink this beer again seeing as I've had it probably a half dozen times over the years, and most of those times didn't even finish it. I've gotten used to the heat, and perhaps that's the draw for me - other than drinking it at a special event. The malt is basic, but what else could it be? To put the whole pepper in there it's going to be hot, and no matter what you do with the malt, it's screwed. There's also no sense in making it dark because then you wouldn't see the chili; because really, this is about the chili, and that's the gimmick. So what you get is a corny lager with a bit of pepper aroma (which actually comes off a little odd) and a lot of heat. Unless your friends have bought it for Cinco de Mayo or something like that it would probably best just to avoid it.

2.01/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

It's been a long time since I had this beer, but I'll never forget it...and not in a good way. Although this beer was, as many others have stated, flat with way too much pepper, it did make some of the best ever jalapeño beer bread! I'd give it a 4.25 on its bread potential but straight 2's otherwise.

3.44/5  rDev +64.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

2.49/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.84/5  rDev +35.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Bottled
& I do admit to not being a fan of lager or chilli
My already doubtful opinion is not helped by its appearance
it look flat no head
urine sample yellow with tainted with blood red hue
The aroma is cheap sweet lager with earthy chilli notes
the flavour is just burning chilli, hot but without being thirst quenching like other chilli beers I've had
I couldn't accurately tell you the mouthfeel because of it

well it certainly is a chilli beer

3.13/5  rDev +49.8%

it tastes like chips and salsa

4.57/5  rDev +118.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Let me start by saying I loved this beer. How could I not? Combining two of my favourite things, beer and chilli. I'll admit I bought it because of the novelty of a beer, not only flavoured with chilli but with a real green chilli pepper floating in each bottle. How cool is that? However I was very pleasantly surprised that the beer itself was of a high quality, really nice and refreshing. Then you get a little chilli tang which works well. Then the heat. Works for me. A wedge of lime makes it even better.

2.59/5  rDev +23.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.48/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Flashback #2 - Had this many years ago at the Chambly beerfest. Burns all the way though!

2.2/5  rDev +5.3%

2.3/5  rDev +10%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

11.2 oz bottle into a teku. CLASSY.

Appearance: Pours a light golden color. The head is a finger high and white in shade. Retention sucks big floppy donkey dick. So does lacing. By the way, I didn't pour the chili pepper in. (2)

Smell: Well, that little pepper deserves some credit - it's smothered the aroma of cheap, shitty Mexican lager really well. There's no overt corn, All I seem to get is chili pepper. Not complex at all, no, but I'll take that over the smell of cheap, shitty Mexican lager any damn day of the week. Okay, I do pick up a bit of corn chips after a while. For a joke beer, though, this doesn't smell half-horrible. It really doesn't. (2.5)

Taste: This tastes JUST like corn chips and salsa - salsa with too much Tapatio in it, to be fair, but salsa and corn chips nonetheless. A corny beginning begets a spicy finish. Spicy is no joke, either: this is up there with Ghost Face Killah in terms of heat, nearly. While it's ridiculously hot, it also masks the taste of the El Cheapo lager hiding underneath it beautifully. This would make a great chili adjunct (if nothing else). (2.25)

Mouthfeel: The heat burns the palate nicely, while accumulating all at the same time. HEARTBURN CITY, POPULATION: ME. Oh wait...this is a beer. It features the typical corny sweetness and high carbonation of a cheap Mexican lager, so I guess that's a plus. (2.25)

Overall: I know what I hate...and I don't hate this. Granted, I've been guilty of adding way too much Tapatio to my salsa and not giving two damns, but this really isn't awful either way. It's far too single tracked for me to give this a good score, of course, and it's still just a total gimmick that's only useful for cooking chili. Still far better than Bud Light Chelada, though! (2.25)

2.3/5: Some 'abomination' this turned out to be...I might even buy it again for my chili!

2.95/5  rDev +41.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.25

Poured from an 11.2oz bottle (best by date 21Sep15) into a pint glass.
LOOK: Pours with a... Chili pepper?! Yeah! This beer has an actual green chili pepper in it. Wow. Anyways... Pours with a line of white foam that dies into nothingness in the lengthy amount of 3 whole seconds. Pale straw yellow in color with a minimal amount of bubbles and absolutely no lacing (I know I keep saying this, and last time it was about Dogfish Head's sahti beer, but THIS beer is the most physically unnatractive beer I have ever seen).
SMELL: Has very strong aromas of chili peppers (almost burns the nose, but I kinda like it) that mix with mild buttered-bread malt and sugar aromas (not too bad of an aroma).
TASTE: Initial taste is of mild buttered-bread malt flavors. A split second passes as intense (but not unbearable) chili flavors hit the palate. A hint of sugar enters last as malt and chili flavors both increase in strength.
FEEL: It goes down pretty smooth and has virtually no carbonation. Honestly, this is not even horribly spicy like others made it seem. It's spicier than the Taco Bell fire sauce, but that's not saying much. Maybe it's because I'm Mexican and am accustomed to eating spicy foods. However, my stomach is on fire, as I am not accustomed to drinking spicy beverages.
NOTE: This would be a perfect beer to pair with a burger, enchiladas, hot dogs, or just about any meal other than breakfast. Just please DONT DO WHAT I DID and drink this on an empty stomach. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go drink some Peptol. And yes, I ate the pepper. It was very rubbery.

1.88/5  rDev -10%

3.32/5  rDev +58.9%

11.2 fl oz bottle, best by date 05/30/2015. At long last I've acquired a single bottle of this stuff as part of a mixed six pack from the local Binny's. "Cerveza con chili" " Premium lager beer with a chili pepper added". No abv listed on the bottle.

Poured into a Big Eddy snifter.

A - Pours how it appears in the clear glass bottle: a pale pissy lager gold. A flat appearance. Some bubbles, but no real head or any lacing. The chili pepper does look nice in the glass.

S - The aroma isn't 'hot' or spicy, but a very authentic vegetal pepper smell is more than apparent. Smells fresh, if I had to guess. Reminds me in a way of how Stone Crime smelled.

T - The initial taste is of quick refreshing grainy lager beer, but the heat from the chili pepper takes over and it builds and builds as you sip. Very vegetal tasting.

M - The feel is quick, crisp, & clean in the lager sense, but the building pepper heat makes the beer unrefreshing.

Overall, not bad for a novelty beer drinking experience, but it's not something I'd opt for again, and drinking this one small bottle will be a struggle, even after it was split between three people. Definitely reminded me of Stone Crime and Stone Punishment at times, though.

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer -----3/5.

4.65/5  rDev +122.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass at the World of Beer in Pooler, GA. The floating chili pepper is pure gimmicky genius and I love the fiery flavor of this. But hey, I also loved almost every pepper and habanero flavored beer I have had to date. If it is well chilled the flavor is killer and in my humble opinion it gets the party rolling with all kinds of potential session drinking.

1.32/5  rDev -36.8%

It burned. I needed another beer to wash this one down.

1.99/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

1.57/5  rDev -24.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

Crap Ola to the highest magnitude.

3.88/5  rDev +85.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

It's meant to be spicy and it delivered. It's a niche. Particularly good mouth feel and smell for this style

2.78/5  rDev +33%

this is the first time ive been forced to review a beer for rating it too high. its not a good beer by any stretch. but the chili pepper does give an ok flavor to an otherwise flavorless beer.

1.47/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili from Chili Beer Co.