Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili | Chili Beer Co.

awful
Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con ChiliOriginal C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili

Chili Beer Co.
Arizona, United States
chilibeer.com

Style: Chile Beer

The beer is now owned by Cerveza Mexicali - listed at https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11174/221542/

Added by oelergud on 09-23-2007

2.25/5  rDev +7.7%

2.19/5  rDev +4.8%

330ml bottle poured into pint glass 7/6/12

A clear straw yellow with a short lived thumbs width of foam that leaves no lace, did I mention the green chilli floating in this mofo, looks like a chilli beer alright

S smells like Old Dutch chilli cheese sauce and adjunct lager, I really don't know if this a good or bad smelling beer, it smells like something I want to dip nachos in

T same as above really, this could be the best chilli beer ever made but I'm just not feeling it

M thin and the heat just keeps building, the chilli cheese sauce comes out strong on the finish

O I'm trying to rate this for style but its hard to say its even a average beer regardless, not very drinkable that's for sure but I drank the whole thing just out of morbid curiosity

this is a cooking beer, I can think of dozens of things to do with this brew but drinking it again doesn't even cross my mind

2.45/5  rDev +17.2%

I wasn't sure how to rate this since it's clearly a novelty product and not for a night of drinking. I bought it on a whim and was really disappointed after I read all of these reviews (before I'd even tasted it).

Yes, it's definitely not drinkable by itself- it tastes a bit like enchilada sauce (?!) and it smells delicious! And by delicious I mean I wish it had been a food item and not a beverage! Luckily, I was able to re-purpose it into greater things.

1. I made a wonderful beer bread using it and added corn, cheddar, and chiles to the bread dough before baking. Tasted delicious!
2. I used it in place of cold water to soak cut potatoes for french fry making- they came out great!
3. I'm planning on adding it to tomato juice to make a "beer mary"

I probably won't buy it again, but I'm glad it didn't go to waste. PS to all those people who said it was the hottest thing they've ever had- it was not hot at all! Had a "bite" upon first sip, but no lingering heat or spicy feeling. Would equate it to Taco Bell's "mild" sauce.

Enjoy it for cooking!

1.27/5  rDev -39.2%

Ive seen this heaps of times before and never bought it but when my mate came round he thought it was great and brought a sixer over i think the chilli pepper floating in the bottle novelty must of sold him and pours very similar to a corona a urine looking colour with a fizzy one finger head and no lacing,the smell is basically fresh green chilli which is floating in the bottle and a stale pub but the chilli dominates and to be honest probably saved it from a 1 and the mouthfeel is light bodied but thicker than a corona and on taste the chilli basically dominates from start to finish it really does pack some heat and only allows feint tastes of grains and a herbal grassiness to come through and overall its not a beer i would buy but i have to give credit due to heat of the chilli as most chilli beers ive tried dont really have the heat like this one id just like to see a nice combination of beer and chilli and this isnt it cheers.

1.5/5  rDev -28.2%

1.25/5  rDev -40.2%

3.62/5  rDev +73.2%

The date on the bottle says 3-09-12 and today's date is 5-20-12. But it still seems fresh to me.

Appearance - Pours a clear golden color with no head at all. Has a chili pepper in the actual beer. No lacing exists.

Smell - Smells extremely spicy. All you can smell is the chili peppers.

Taste - HOLY SHIT. This is the hottest thing I've ever drank/eaten in my life. Honestly, it tastes pretty good but I don't know how anyone in their right mind could drink this. Unless you have a high tolerance for spicy food.

Mouthfeel - I'm not even taking another sip, sorry.

Overall - I would only suggest drinking this beer as a dare. I took a sip 20 minutes ago and my chest is still burning.

1.15/5  rDev -45%

12oz. bottle poured into a nonic. A chile pepper rests at the bottom of the bottle.

(A)- Pours a clear yellow color. No head formed or lacing.

(S)- A potent aroma of chili pepper and that is about everything. Extremely spicy chili pepper and maybe some vegetable/pickled-like smell at the end.

(T)- Hot Hot & Hot! Ridiculously spicy with a burning finish as you swallow; in fact, this almost burns any tastebuds you might have since it is so spicy.

(M)- A normal carbonation level as far as I can tell. Just a ridiculously spicy burning sensation that isnt going away after only a sip or two.

(D)- Well, two sips and I am sure done. I really really tried to like this, but it provides absolutely no enjoyment flavor-wise, but rather pain and a temporary loss in my ability to taste anything else.

1.5/5  rDev -28.2%

1.48/5  rDev -29.2%

Poured from a clear 12 oz. bottle. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is spicy hot. Taste is heat, heat, and more heat. Watery hot sauce with no other flavors able to penetrate the heat. Feels hot in the mouth and half of this beer went down the drain.

There's an actual chili in there! Nice! Best by 01/12/13. Poured into an equally goofy Family Guy pint.

Pours like a macro lager: pale and clear with some bubbles that leave FAST. Aroma is dominated by the chili and this one will be hot it seems.

Tastes like a macro: no hops at all and a burp here and there that's full of yuck. And then there's the heat. I was expecting the chili to be total gimmick and it could very well be but this beer (?) overall does deliver some heat. I can feel my lips sting and it feels good. And a good chili flavor too, so that's bonus. I am weird.

Carbonation is low and the mouthfeel is watery but whatever. I am not entirely disappointed and somewhat amused. Glad I tried it. Seemed a little costly at 11+ bucks for a 6 pack, and even costlier as a single but there certainly could be situations where I wouldn't say no to it.

PS: In a parallel universe they're using chili instead of hops for beer and this one is coveted.

PPS: Sometimes I wish, and more so lately, that awarding points was not necessary.

3, 3, 3, 3, 3

1.75/5  rDev -16.3%

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili from Chili Beer Co.