House Rules

Very Good
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 12 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.71/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had this one on tap at the FD Brewery. Had a subtle fruity - citrusy smell. Taste was somewhat grainy and had a little to much metal-water bitter finish. Missing the malt of a good Pale Ale and seemed more like a session IPA. Body was thin and watery as well. Ok to drink but nothing noteworthy to repeat at all.

3.34/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this one a the brewery; they call is an Extra Pale Ale, and I'm actually unsure if it should be in this IPA category. An okay brew, with a solid balance, a fair bit of tasty hops, but not in any way at an IPA level, and lacking the fruit that would be appropriate for a pale ale. Basically okay, but probably not one I'd get again.

4.21/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This was given to me at the Flying Dog Symposium for savor week 2015. I was told it is the second runnings of Double, that they then hit with Citra Hops and something else I can't recall.

This was very, very tasty and was more hop forward than a lot of the other brewhouse rarities I tried that day. Minimal lingering malt backbone that balances well. I was told this beer is essentially brewed for employees only, glad I got to try it.

House Rules from Flying Dog Brewery