Snake Dog IPA | Flying Dog Brewery

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-22-2001

Ratings: 3,352 |  Reviews: 1,220

4.5/5  rDev +26.1%

4.55/5  rDev +27.5%

this summer I crossed the border into upstate New York searching for as many craft brew IPAs as I could find.

Of all the ones I tasted, this was my favourite - lots of bitterness, great flavour, and easy on the carbonation. I am not fond of overly carbonated beer that fills the glass with foam on the first pour.

I also tried their porter which I would not rate nearly as high,
I will search out other Flying Dog beer to taste, since I am very impressed with the snake dog.

3.65/5  rDev +2.2%

Best before 1/31/13.

Pours a hazy honey orange with a foamy orange-tan head that settles to a film on top of the beer. Foamy streaks of lace form around the glass on the drink down. Smell is of malt, citrus zest, and some herbal hop aromas. Taste is much the same with a medium amount of herbal hop bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a slightly crisp and medium bodied mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer that is pretty tasty but has a better smell in my opinion.

2.75/5  rDev -23%