Bleacher Beer

Summer
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Bleacher BeerBleacher Beer
Notes: The sun's just peeking out above the third base line. Peanut shells crunch at your feet. The go-ahead run rounds second. Another round? O! yeah.

Malts: Bon Munich, Flaked Maize
Hops: Saaz, Willamette
Yeast: Lager
Draft available exclusively at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 15 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.68/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This DelMarVa (+ DC) adventure of mine has morphed into my latest CANQuest (tm) focus! I really had no idea that MaryCANd, especially, was putting out so much beer. 8=O It seems as though every time I feel like I am close, some more beers from that area Pop! up from out of hiding to surprise me. Further, I am back to work so I CANnot keep up the pace that I set during the Christmas/Winter Break. 8=( On top of all of that, even New Beer Sunday is off-limits due to prior CANmitments. 8=(

From the CAN: "The sun's just peeking out above the third base line. Peanut shells crunch at your feet. The go-ahead run rounds second. Another round? O! yeah."

This one took me a little longer to get to than CANticipated as it needed a picture, which I took care of. Now, I was ready to begin with a Crack! of the vent & a slow, gentle C-Line Glug into the awaiting glass. It didn't foam as I had expected, forming ~ a finger of fizzy, foamy, rocky, bone-white head with moderate retention. Color was a pretty Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-quality clarity. Nose had a faint flowery sweetness, but it was all pretty innocuous. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium, not watery, but not far past it, either. The taste was equally innocuous with just a faint bready, malty sweetness. Finish was semi-dry & very satiating. It would be just the sort of beer to crush at a baseball game in the Summer. YMMV.

3.52/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours a light straw color with a large but quickly fading head. Notes of light grain and rice with a faint whiff of grassy hops. Not complex at all, but hey, it's a light lager brewed to appeal to bleacher bums so that's to be expected.

3.85/5  rDev +11%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Ok, so I knew going in that this was going to be an AAL so wasn't expecting an extreme beer tastes or even high end malt or hop profiles here. What this beer is, is one of the most perfect "void of flavor" beers I've had. When you are looking for a beer to pair with crabs, or just be a social lubricant in the background at a party, picnic, or O's game this is a pretty good choice. If you are looking for aroma and flavor from a beer, seek other options.

It is what it claims to be. And it delivers well.

2.67/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Yeah, this is what you think it is, and more or less what it is supposed to be. Not much in the looks or smell department, unless you drool over pee yellow ochres and mild corn mash noses.

As for taste, technically it has some, but this is really here to drink in eighty plus degrees while yelling at millionaires playing a child's game. That's it. There are better versions of this, in fact there are better versions of this that are actually Oriole themed, as this is.

3.44/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Into 20oz Willi. Pours like an AAL lager. No head, no lacing.
Aroma: A little odd on the nose. Not bad, but not inviting.
Taste: It's a weak tasting beer. It's not light-beer weak, just weak.
Feel: Drinks rather flat.
O: It's meant to be a beer to drink at an O's game, unfortunately (or fortunately this year), I'm at home. I don't think I'll have any at OPACY either. I.I.W.I.I.

Bleacher Beer from Flying Dog Brewery