Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA | Flying Dog Brewery

3.86/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,988 |  Reviews: 1,163

3.05/5  rDev -21%

A - Slightly clouded amber color. 1-finger off white head with moderate retention. Carbonation looks light. Good lacing.

S - Belgian yeast are up front, citrus and grassy hops underneath. Some bready malts as well.

T - Hmm, not sure how a feel about this one. The flavors of Belgian yeast come through, along with the sweetness of a belgian style beer. The IPA notes are also very much present, but are overpowered to me by the belgian style sweetness. Finishes with a nice malt backbone like a good IPA. Very conflicting on the tongue.

M - Okay, a little bit of slick oiliness.

O - Really not sure what to think. I'm not a fan of the sweet tripel style beers, and I am a fan of IPAs, and this reminds me of a cross between those two. I'm not sure that it works for my taste. The tripel style is just a little too overpowering, almost like I poured a tripel into a glass after drinking a pale ale and didn't clean the glass out or get a new one. Interesting concept, and really not a bad beer. I could see this working for some, but it's not for me.

3.68/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a nice copper colour with a nice off-white head and good lacing. The smell definitely reminds me of a good Belgian IPA, but it isn't particularly interesting. The taste is dominated by the hops. It's very bitter, and you can only detect a little balance from the malts. Quite piney. And I'm quite sure I can taste the Belgian yeast in there as well. Slighty oily mouthfeel. Lots of carbonation. Overall, not bad, but it doesn't go down as a favourite.

Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA from Flying Dog Brewery