Fish Tale Wild Salmon Pale Ale | Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub

good
Read the review
Fish Tale Wild Salmon Pale AleFish Tale Wild Salmon Pale Ale

Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub
Washington, United States
fishbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by BeerAngel on 05-04-2002

3.5/5  rDev +5.4%

3.03/5  rDev -8.7%

I poured this from a 12oz bottle into a clean pint glass.

Appearance: Light golden brown with little wispy head.

Smell: all I can say is that it was a little weird. Not really hoppy, not really malty.

Taste: Slight hops and good malt tastes. Well blended I think.

Mouth feel: clean taste good malt taste with a little sweet after taste.

Overall: Not a bad beer. I like the malt taste but not a very robust.

3.42/5  rDev +3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Decent pale ale. Enjoyed with a burger. Nice colour in the glass with foamy head. Did not take formal notes so trying this from memory. Nose has some fruity undertones. In the mouth was well balanced and smooth. Finish is good. Would buy again but nothing overly special

4.05/5  rDev +22%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

12 oz bottle purchased from Smith's Bayway Market in Coos Bay, Oregon. Drank from a chilled pint glass.

Pours a sort of lite amber with about a finger of slightly off white head. Lasting head which thins out but remains.

I don't get much from the aroma. a little citrus, a little malt.

Very nice lite flavor. No overpowering flavors. like with the aroma I get a little bit of citrus some malty sweet and just a tiny bit of hoppiness that really helps balance the flavor. VERY drinkable. light to medium mouth feel with a nice amount of carbonation.

All in all a pretty good pale ale. Would buy again.

3.75/5  rDev +13%

2.34/5  rDev -29.5%

Pours a hazy deep orange-ish color with a small off white head. In the aroma, a lighter gingerbread malt to nothing. In the taste, gingerbread like malt and a small hop presence. malty and mellow. A small hop bite and a medium bodied mouthfeel, with a dry gingerbread maltiness in the aftertaste. Very English, malt heavy and lacking nose.

3.75/5  rDev +13%

2.25/5  rDev -32.2%

1.5/5  rDev -54.8%

3.25/5  rDev -2.1%

Pours golden brown and cloudy to let you know it is unfiltered. Nice head on the pour, not much lacing ona clean glass. For a pale ale the hop flowers come through on the nose. Good pale ale flavor with a slight hint of citrus on the backend. Nice ale for a hot day.

3.5/5  rDev +5.4%

1.5/5  rDev -54.8%

3.2/5  rDev -3.6%

Poured a half inch off-white head which vanished immediately. Hazy apricot colored body. Smells mildy of hops and a little citrus. Taste has malt up front and then hops and citrus matching the smell. There's a fairly long light malty finish which is pleasant, but, the aftertaste is actually soapy, I kid you not. And it wasn't a dirty or soapy glass.

4.5/5  rDev +35.5%

Whenever I buy this beer I wonder why I don't just buy it every time.

I'm a big fan of Manny's Pale Ale but it's only available on tap. I find Fish Tail Pale Ale to be a very similar beer in its flavor profile and since I can get it in bottles I'm always grateful to have some in the refrigerator.

I like the orange color and the fact that it's not too gassy. The slight cloudiness lets me know that they didn't filter all the good stuff out of it. This beer is a darn good example of the Northwest style. It has just the right amount of sweetness. And what keeps it in my fridge is the hop flavor. It has a huge Cascade-like flowery, piney hop flavor that I find irresistible. And the bitterness is at the right level too. It doesn't make my face go all 'Renee Zellweger'...it's more like a level that compliments the sweetness and lets the hop flavor stand up and speak for itself.

I can't really give you one of those high-falootin' 'vanilla jamminess with a toasted butterscotch treacle graininess' kind of descriptions. All I can tell you is that to my tongue and its associated parts this is a really well made outstanding beer that I intend to keep in my regular rotation.

A - Pours a golden colour with a copper hue, thin layer of head with little retention and some sporadic lacing.

S - Light citrus hops and caramel and toffee notes come through on the finish.

T - The bitterness is a bit of a turn-off, and a sweet corn flavour lingers on the finish. Some citrus hops come through alongside the caramel notes.

M - Medium bodied, a tad prickly but finishes with a touch of dryness.

O - Not the worst, but certainly not the best. A bit of a disappointment but easily drinkable. I would never turn one down, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one.

3.85/5  rDev +16%

Time to do a formal review of an old favorite. 12oz bottle poured into a pint.

A- Pours with a fizzy 1.5 finger foam head that dissipates somewhat quickly. Color is a whispy orange-like light amber. Nice color, not easily mistaken for something else.

S- Light on the nose, mostly some floral hop and a light biscuit grain.

T- Steps it up a notch here, great balance of citrusy hops laid over a foundation of ultra smooth slightly cereal like malt. Nice bitterness, with a clean dry finish. Crisp.

M- Well carbonated, slightly slick. Light, very clean finish.

O- Exceptionally drinkable, bit still tasty. Great flavorful session pale.

Fish Tale Wild Salmon Pale Ale from Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub