Leavenworth Boulder Bend Dunkelweizen | Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub

fishbrewing.com

Style: Dunkelweizen

Added by Slynger on 06-15-2009

3.82/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.75

Pours an appealing dark brown to black with a quickly dissipated head. Mouthfeel is bubbly like most wheat beers. Flavor is lacking for a dunkel the malty taste overpowers the effervescent nature of a wheat. Not bad but not great and I'm only reviewing this based on 1 beer picked up at Total Wine from the warm shelf.

1.96/5  rDev -40.2%

I picked this up from Total Wine along with several other wheat beers. I'm a big fan of Hefes as well as Dunkelweizens (though to a lesser extent).

I will preface this by noting this may have been a bad bottle. You never know.

This was quite disappointing to say the least. I poured, slowly, carefully, only to watch everything turn to foam. So, after waiting a bit for it to settle I finished the pour. I took a sniff, I was assailed by something I can only describe as "vomit-like." I took a few sips and was displeased. A weizen, even Dunkelweizen, shouldn't be as hop-forward as this. Aftertaste was strange and unpleasant as well.

I did not finish this one. It's not out of the question that I had a bad bottle though. You never know how long something is sitting around. There was no bottling or best-by date on the bottle that I could find.

2.75/5  rDev -16.2%

2.5/5  rDev -23.8%

2.92/5  rDev -11%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Leavenworth Boulder Bend Dunkelweizen

Pours a sexy dark brown with a size able off white head and plenty of lace. Nutty aroma of roasted malt, wheat and hops. In the taste, roasted malts, tangy lemony wheat, and a firm bitterness. Good roast, but odd sourness and misplaced hops. I think this one needs some cleaning up.

4.5/5  rDev +37.2%

3.75/5  rDev +14.3%

3.75/5  rDev +14.3%

3.5/5  rDev +6.7%

Leavenworth Boulder Bend Dunkelweizen from Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub