Fish Tale India Pale Ale | Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub

good
good
Read the review
Fish Tale India Pale AleFish Tale India Pale Ale

Added by BeerAngel on 11-20-2002

2.25/5  rDev -36.3%

2.5/5  rDev -29.2%

3.49/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

I had this while dining at Bone-Fish Grill. I thought it was on tap, so a bottle was a little bit of a disappointment (not that that's the beers fault). Typical IPA aroma and a bright orange amber color with light carbonation. It had a good mouth feel, and then a surprising finish/after taste. Almost a tannin like taste from a red wine. It was worth trying, but I doubt I'll try it again. I've found other IPAs I like more.

2.7/5  rDev -23.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

A somewhat plain and basic beer lacking hops in what we'd expect of an IPA. Slightly reminds me of the 'tea' you make during a brew then carbonated. Floral on the front decent mouth feel with an overwhelming barley that lasts all the way through.

Perhaps weak or light hops with a flavor that lingers a little longer than desired.

A very drinkable beer that would be great on the river or in the summer, but not one I'd buy off the tap or out of the rack unless I was limited on options or wanted to drink in the sun. Someone could pound this in seconds and not even realize it.

Fish Tale India Pale Ale from Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub