Ebel's Weiss Beer | Two Brothers Brewing Company

Two Brothers Brewing Company
Illinois, United States
twobrothersbrewing.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Ebel's Weiss beer is a very traditional German Hefeweizen that is naturally unfiltered. It has wonderful malt sweetness and a soft aroma of clove, vanilla, and banana. This deep golden colored weiss will make you think you are in Bavaria.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-16-2002

I used to live walking distance from the brewery, and this was always my favorite Two Brothers brew. Everyone else has pointed out the flavor qualities, and they're on point. I think many have rated it a bit low, but I understand we all perceive flavor differently.

As hefeweizens go, it's probably tied with a Hacker Pschorr (tap, not bottle) in my book.
As always, many reviewers get their jollies by trashing any beers or styles they don't particularly care for, so take those with a grain of salt.

Good stuff.

Currently my favorite beer. Love the flavor notes of banana and vanilla. Lite, crisp, and refreshing.

4.96/5  rDev +34.8%

Great tasting beer. My favorite in this style.

4.82/5  rDev +31%

(11/11/2011) Poured into a Sam Adam's Perfect Pint Glass, perfect 2 finger head with a great lingering fluffy white appearance.

A: Classic Belgian style wheat aroma, wheat with bananas and cloves to compliment. Slightly citrus in the back

C: Beautiful dark banana yellow color.

Sip: Banana flavors up front with a spicy clove and citrus finish. Light mouthfeel with big wheaty flavor.

OV: Classic Euro-style Weiss beer, extremely good beer and impressive among American Weiss beers.

4.7/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is the best craft Hefeweizen I have had!!

Bottle poured into weizen

Three finger head, cloudy, straw golden body with perfect carbonation

Smells: Cloves, wheat, herbal, hefe yeast!

Taste: Wheat, bubblegum, cloves, banana,

Mouthfeel: Perfection for the style: fluffy

Overall, I'd have this again. This is an excellent beer! Worth your time.

I will get a six pack sometime.

Keep those Two Brothers Beers coming!!

4.65/5  rDev +26.4%

On tap at Fountainhead

Poured cloudy orange/yellow, small head. Smelled of typical hefe: banana, yeast, fruity.

Taste was excellent. Banana and fruity going in with wheaty/yeasty aftertaste. No bitterness whatsoever. Creamy mouthfeel with slight carbonation.

Overall great great hefe, one of my favorites. I grab this whenever I can. This has a permanent place in my fridge.

EDIT: I bumped the taste points up to 5 after several re-drinks. This is the beer I compare all wheat/whit styles to. I just love this beer!

4.63/5  rDev +25.8%

Available on our in-home four-tap draft system 24/7. Poured frequently.

Ebel's Weiss is constantly available at the local liquor store, and my wife and I have chosen it to be on our first tap year-round. We like it, our neighbors like it, and it's a genuine crowd pleaser.

This beer is a great example of the hefeweizen style -- cloudy, light, drinkable, and with a great aroma.

On draft, Ebel's Weiss is a fantastic beer in summertime or any time.

4.58/5  rDev +24.5%