Cane And Ebel | Two Brothers Brewing Company

Two Brothers Brewing Company
Illinois, United States
twobrothersbrewing.com

Style: Rye Beer

Dry, but with a creamy touch of Thai Palm Sugar and the spicy tang of Rye, all balanced by loads of the wackiest new Hops we could lay our hands on. Yep, it’s an Orignal. And that’s no Sin.

IBU: 68

Added by murphysbleachers on 05-14-2006

Ratings: 1,710 |  Reviews: 643

3.5/5  rDev -14.2%

3.93/5  rDev -3.7%

12oz bottle
Served in a perfect pint glass

A - It is copper colored with burnt orange highlights. I got a fleeting inch of sand colored head.

S - The first thing I notice is sweet caramel malt and some bread. I really don't get much rye.

T - I get caramel and toffee malt upfront. The rye comes through on the finish along with the hops and lingers for a bit.

M - Moderate to full

O - I really like the mouthfeel of this beer. The taste kind of reminds me of an Irish ale. Overall, it's a solid beer.

4.2/5  rDev +2.9%

Poured from a bottle, appearance is cloudy amber with a thick creamy off white head.
Smells sugar and spice, some floral hops and citrus
This beer tastes great! Brown sugar, vanilla, citrus and toasted malt, not too bitter not too sweet.
Super smooth, I could drink a lot of these but at 7% that may not be wise. I really like this beer, one of the best coming from Two Brother. This brewery is awesome and I am glad that they are local to me!

4.25/5  rDev +4.2%

3.5/5  rDev -14.2%

4.33/5  rDev +6.1%

The color is brown, the color of Snapple iced tea, including the foggy character of Snapple. There is some head that developed, which is about a finger high. It dissipates to a fine sticky lace.

Rye malts, pineapple, and pine dominate the nose.

The taste is malty, sweet (some toffee) and dark fruit dried fruits are present. The hops come in at the end as citrus and floral tones.

Nicely carbonated, crisp, and well balanced.

1.5/5  rDev -63.2%