Outlaw IPA | Two Brothers Brewing Company

twobrothersbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Added by Florida9 on 05-16-2009

3.81/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is a really balanced solid IPA. Its got some kind of malt that I really really like, I think I taste rye, and I really love that in almost any beer. It matches well with the hops, which I wouldnt be surprised if they were mostly noble/European variety.
A- Golden color, just short of amber, great head retention. Thin white head, with really nice lacing.
S- I love the smell, this one is so balanced, I think it shows skill from the brewer when you get an IPA that you can actually smell the malt in conjunction with the hops. As noted, mostly noble hops on the nose, some pine too.
T- Solid and balanced. I love the rye flavor! It goes so well with what I can only guess is Hallertau (sp?) or something like it. Maybe EKG? IDK enough about hops yet to be sure, but its not your West coast variety. Very drinkable, not too bitter. Not much alcohol so I could drink several hundred of these in one sitting JK. Really like this beer.
M- Its light bodied, but totally sessionable. I love full bodied beers and this could be just a touch thicker/creamier, but Im not complaining.
Overall, I love the freshness you get out of cans, and I used to buy into the stigma that came along with them. Hogwash. Cans are great. This would be a great beach beer or something of that nature. I dont think Ive had anything from this brewery that I didnt like. Cheers

2.75/5  rDev -24.9%

3.25/5  rDev -11.2%

3.84/5  rDev +4.9%

Appearance is a copper color with a finger of white head. The head enjoyed really good retention and left thick layers of lace behind. The nose has both hop and light citrus notes. The flavor profile is very much in the East Coast style – well balanced between malt and hops. There are also some rye notes present in the flavor. The finish is pleasantly hoppy.

2.75/5  rDev -24.9%