Heavier Handed IPA | Two Brothers Brewing Company

Illinois, United States
twobrothersbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Availability: Fall

Wet hopped IPA aged in new French oak tanks.

Added by emerge077 on 11-14-2009

3.5/5  rDev -12.5%

4.04/5  rDev +1%

Served in a snifter.

Appearance: A slight haze to a beautiful amber body. Sees a little darker on the surface with a slight off-white head rising thick at first to maybe 1/3" off the body.

Smell: Citrus scent with a hit of light flowers.

Taste: Has a slight sweet feel that makes you think oranges were infused with the brew process when this brew was created. It's a smooth bitter feel, tangy if you ask me and very addicting.

Mouth: Medium bodied, sticky but not overwhelming.

Overall: Good brew but i would search the end of the world for it. It's a solid brew but being a hardcore DIPA I can think of better options out there. I don't think I paid too much for it so maybe I would consider it again but for the meantime I hope you all enjoy. Salud!

3.96/5  rDev -1%

Bomber poured into a Duvel tulip. Clear, amber to orange colored body with a three-finger eggshell white head. Excellent retention on the head with nice scattered lacing along the glass.

I had to do a double take on the aroma, until I realized it was oak aged. Only a little oak, but sweet, citrus hops blending with caramel malt are the dominant themes here. The double take is that I expected a very hoppy DIPA aroma, but not disappointed.

The flavor is little better than I would have expected from the aroma. The hops give enough citrus punch with light bitterness to balance the sweet caramel malt. The oak hangs in the background enough not to be over bearing and lets a light piney hop flavor finish off the flavor mix.

Medium texture in the mouthfeel with a light hop oiliness. Overall, I really like this as a nice variant on the typical hop or malt-bomb DIPA.

4.5/5  rDev +12.5%

3.62/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Beautiful copper color with just a touch of lacing that is developing into a nice spiderweb.

Some caramel and citrus in the nose that leans towards orange. Toffee and some vanilla that I suspect is from the oak.

I don't get as much oak as I would have thought. There is some drier notes in the mouthfeel but I get a pleasing amount of light caramel, citrus and a touch of fruity esters. Just a tad bigger then the heavy handed and this one dries out in the finish. Big enough on the hops without being too overpowering. I would guess the super galena if I was pressed to choose.

This bomber does pack a punch. A very nice tweener here. Great for the price.

Heavier Handed IPA from Two Brothers Brewing Company