Nut Brown Ale | Blackstone Restaurant & Brewery

OG: 1.052
IBU: 23
Color: 22L
Hops: Willamette
Yeast: Ballantine Ale (1056)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-09-2001

3.99/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

A really good medium ale, smooth and nutty as you would imagine. I'm sure a huge reason I loved the beer so much had to do with the great service at their brewery/restaurant, but the mouthfeel of this brew was one of the best and I know it's a weird thing to be particular about but it pushed this beer from the good level up into great. If you ever have the chance to stop by their brewery in Nashville, do it! The food is decent but the beer is great. I haven't had it in a bottle yet but I am sure I will have as soon as I can get to the grocery store to pick up a six pack!

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

4.5/5  rDev +22.6%

4.52/5  rDev +23.2%

One of the best brown ales I've ever had, and I've had several. I wish I could get it North of the Cumberland Gap! I got this off the tap with a steak and it paired up brilliantly. I had two glasses and the consistency was amazing. This had an infallible taste with the food I ordered. From the perfect quarter inch head of sparkling white foam to the caramel brown color, this is one beer that is best served on tap and taken multiple times. It smells of walnut, understated hops, and caramel. I can't say enough good things about it.

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%