Tröegs Nugget Nectar | Tröegs Brewing Company

Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Availability: Spring

Squeeze those hops for all they're worth! Nugget Nectar will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of American hops. Our Imperial Amber Ale is further intensified with whole flower Nugget hops added to our hopback vessel, resulting in an explosion of citrus, resin and pine.

Added by Edwin on 02-13-2004

Ratings: 8,558 |  Reviews: 2,551

4.33/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured in a snifter glass.

Gave a subtle amber color with a thick head. The beer smelled of citrus. At the moment, nothing else comes to mind except citrus. To me its more like an IPA rather than an amber however the color of the beer tells me it's an amber.

It taste great, its really like drinking a decent double IPA. The first that comes to my mind is Lagunitas Sucks. Nugget Nectar gives a bitter yet sweet citrus flavor, just like Sucks.

Overall I really like this beer, however because I live in WI and not PA, I'm happy with the IPA's and Double IPA's I can get here without going through the trouble of getting the Nectar Nugget.
What I really do like about this beer is after I finished the bomber (I drank the entire thing myself), I wanted another one. It was so drinkable, perfect for a canoe trip to split with a buddy on a hot sunny day or sitting by the campfire in the evening hours. I drank it to the last drop and I was like "Man, if I could just have another glass!" A quick and easy drinking; a single bomber was not overwhelming if you don't have anyone to share it with!

Tröegs Nugget Nectar from Tröegs Brewing Company