Tröegs Nugget Nectar | Tröegs Brewing Company

Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Availability: Spring

Squeeze those hops for all they're worth! Nugget Nectar will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of American hops. Our Imperial Amber Ale is further intensified with whole flower Nugget hops added to our hopback vessel, resulting in an explosion of citrus, resin and pine.

Added by Edwin on 02-13-2004

Ratings: 8,553 |  Reviews: 2,548
4.23/5  rDev -2.1%

I chose to purchase this beer because it has a lot of hype lately. But as I am learning fast is that I generally do not have the same taste buds as the majority. The hops in this beer are very overpowering, but as with most imperials that is the point. The smell of this beer is immaculate though, which is my favorite aspect of the beer as you can see in my ratings.

A - The dark orange beer poured with an impressive head.

S - It has a quite intoxicating (pun intended) smell of sweet citrus.

T - Very hoppy, with bitter/sweet after taste. Like a lot of the imperials, the taste was harsh tasting. I feel as though if I didn’t brush my teeth or eat anything for the next couple days I could still have the taste in my mouth.

M – Please pardon me as I do not fully understand how to distinguish how good a particular beer feels in my mouth. It could be because i’m young, but almost every crafted beer felt great in my mouth. This beer was no different

O – I found this beer to be good. I doubt I would ever purchase it again, but I would enjoy drinking again. I am not fan of the amber beers, so the point that I rated it over a 4 is surprising.

4.45/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

My first Nugget Nectar of the year (thank the lawd it's back!) pours a honey amber into a tulip with a 2-finger bright white head that recedes quickly to a layer in the glass. Moderate lace.

Delicious, enticing hops bombard the nose, with some sweet, caramel malts balancing it out. Just an amazing smelling beer.

Some sweet, caramel and bready malts hit the palette first, but are swiftly replaced by citrus (juicy pineapple, mango, a little lemon zest) and earthy, grassy hops that dance on the tongue. Finishes with a slight pine bitterness but also a little more sweet malt. The hops linger after each sip.

Great mouthfeel that is both crisp and creamy, with moderate carbonation. Slightly dry finish.

By far my favorite amber ale out there, and this beer could compete with some of the big boy IPA's out there too. Juicy citrus and earthy hops with a great caramel malt backbone. If you haven't tried this, what are you waiting for? Go get it. NOW!

4.25/5  rDev -1.6%

3.25/5  rDev -24.8%

3.75/5  rDev -13.2%

4.25/5  rDev -1.6%

4.63/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

3.5/5  rDev -19%