Nugget Nectar | Tröegs Brewing Company

Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: American Imperial Red Ale

Availability: Spring

Squeeze those hops for all they're worth! Nugget Nectar will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of American hops. Our Imperial Amber Ale is further intensified with whole flower Nugget hops added to our hopback vessel, resulting in an explosion of citrus, resin and pine.

Added by Edwin on 02-13-2004

#770

Ratings: 8,669 |  Reviews: 2,577

4.21/5  rDev -2.5%

A- perfect bronze amber color, crystal clear, big white head that fades to leave nice lacing.

S- pine, citrus, slight malt, not quite as strong as I expected.

T- bitter, slick on the tongue. Citrus, pine, it lingers for a while in your mouth. Malt on the back end helps balance it out nicely.

M- medium body with nice carbonation level.

O- this is a good beer. I wish I was able to get a hold of it more often.

4.36/5  rDev +0.9%

A: Beautiful Amber color with extreme clarity. Poured in a snifter with a pinky size amount of off-white head.

S: Smells of caramel maltiness intially and then hits you with some citrus hops of grapefruit and bananas.

T: Very good hoppy bitter taste that lingers in your mouth for quite awhile. I taste more of an orange peel type citrus hop more than grapefruit or banana.

M: Crisp, clean, light mouthfeel.

O: Overall, this is a very good beer. I enjoyed it very much!

4.25/5  rDev -1.6%

4.85/5  rDev +12.3%

When I first tried Nugget Nectar, I did not know what to expect. It was recommended to me by a close friend who I trust greatly when it comes to beer. The first one I had I thought I was in a heavenly place. I felt like I was in the scene of Beerfest when they try the secret recipe for the very first time. It was the first time I tried a beer that hit on almost every aspect of a beer. I would recommend this to anyone to try along with any of Troegs Brewing Company's brews.

4.25/5  rDev -1.6%

4.85/5  rDev +12.3%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass. Pours a clear copper, with a 1/2" off-white head that slowly reduces. The ale is quite clear, and looks like a topaz or some other amber jewel.

Smells of full-on hop resin, quite piney and full of malt, with notes of alcohol, butter, and sap.

Taste is mouth-puckering hoppy, with sweet malt, honey, pine, mango and oranges. Finishes bitter, but not as bitter as you'd expect. Quite tasty, and difficult to put down.

I'd love to know the IBU's on this one, as it setting my tongue a'tingling. Medium bodied, it has a rather smooth feel considering the dry hoppy finish.

I love this amber ale, perhaps even more that GL's Nosferatu, which I always had considered my favorite Imperial Amber. Smooth, hoppy, flavorful, this is an excellent brew which I highly recommend you try.

4.33/5  rDev +0.2%

Bottled 02/20/2012
Special thanks to TheSevenDuffs for this. I bought a 6 pack last year and thought I reviewed this but I guess I didn't

A- Clear amber pour with a three finger chunky, soapy large bubbled off white head that leaves huge gobs of lacing everywhere.

S- Huge pine and citrus hops followed by a nice sweet malt backing. There is a slight mango, strawberry in there as well as a really subtle soapy characteristic. It smells exactly how you think that hop on the label would smell.

T- There is a huge hit of citrus and pine with a mango, peach and strawberry sweetness. Chewy caramel and sweet malts rounding everything out.

M- Medium bodied, good carbonation. Slightly chewy.

O- This really is a gem. They know they have something special here and it's always a little hard to come by for a reason.

Nugget Nectar from Tröegs Brewing Company