Tröegs Nugget Nectar | Tröegs Brewing Company

Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Availability: Spring

Squeeze those hops for all they're worth! Nugget Nectar will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of American hops. Our Imperial Amber Ale is further intensified with whole flower Nugget hops added to our hopback vessel, resulting in an explosion of citrus, resin and pine.

Added by Edwin on 02-13-2004

Ratings: 8,558 |  Reviews: 2,551
4.97/5  rDev +15%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a Victory Tulip.

Look: This pours stunningly crisp amber with amazing clarity. The fluffy white head rises up and quickly recedes into a lovely ring that leaves minimal lacing.

Smell: This may be the most aromatic beer that I have ever poured from a bottle. The citrus from the hops hit me square in the face while enticing me with the slightest notes of toasty malt.

Taste: The citrusy hops really come to the forefront here working themselves over the tongue. More orange than grapefruit but both flavors are there. The wonderful malt backbone contains the hops just long enough to give way to the slightest bitterness. This is one of the most balanced beers I've ever had. There was no flavor that was overpowering and everything worked together to compliment each other.

Mouth feel: The medium body used the carbonation to its maximum potential. This beer worked very well on the palate.

Drinkability: In a perfect world I would drink this everyday for the rest of my life. So yeah, I would say it's highly drinkable.

Every time I think about how lucky those hopheads on the West Coast are I can always find solace knowing that one of the best beers in the world is brewed in my back yard.

4.75/5  rDev +10%