Tröegs DreamWeaver Wheat | Tröegs Brewing Company

good
Read the review
Tröegs DreamWeaver WheatTröegs DreamWeaver Wheat

Tröegs Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: Hefeweizen

The dream begins with open top fermentation. At high krausen a foamy, rocky yeast head crests the sides of the fermenter releasing notes of black pepper and spicy clove. Unfiltered and cloudy with yeast, it's slightly tart & downright refreshing.

55% Wheat
Hops: German Northern Brewer

Added by blitheringidiot on 06-25-2004

Ratings: 1,957 |  Reviews: 651
2.52/5  rDev -33.5%

A: Pours an opaque yellow with a cloudy haze. Little white head that was gone within seconds.

S: best part of the beer. Smells very fruity, notes. of citrus such as orange and lemon zest. subtle wheat smell

T: overpowering fruity esters. orange and lemon really take over the pallet, very subtle wheat and it ends with a lingering grassy note. It not very complex and really not impressive at all

M: Very thin, slick feel. again, not impressed

D: To me this beer really missed. The water-thin mouthfeel combined with overpowering fruit and grass left me rather unimpressed. I probably won't be reaching for another any time soon.

2.58/5  rDev -31.9%

I bought a single bottle of this beer at Belmont Party Supply in Dayton, OH. Poured into a standard pint glass

A - Hazy yellow with very little head.

S - Citrusy, clean smell.

T - Dissapointed in this area. It seemed watered down and lacky any substance.

M - Very light and watery.

D - Low ABV and little aftertaste let this beer drink easily, but left a lot to be desired.

Maybe I got an old bottle? I forgot to check to see if there was a freshness date, but regardless this beer did rank highly for me. Doubtful I would buy it again.

2.6/5  rDev -31.4%

2.6/5  rDev -31.4%

2.62/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.62/5  rDev -30.9%

Looks like a standard Hefe Weizen, pale yellow in color, a buttery look to it. Smell was dominated by banana, but also had other citrus fruits (orange, lemon), and a yeasty smell. I enjoyed the smell, I just wished the complexity of the smell came out in the taste, which I found to be pretty unimpressiveoverall. I could taste the wheat and the bready flavors, plus a little bit on tangy citrus, but it was all so watered down. When the beer first hit my mouth, I could get almost nothing out of it. The only way I picked up on the flavors was from the faint aftertaste. Drinkable, but I think there are a lot better examples of this type of beer out there.

2.63/5  rDev -30.6%

Taste - Lemon, wheat, banana, spices and a whole lot of funk. Not the best from Troegs that's for sure. Nowhere near the best wheat beer either. There are better options out there.

2.66/5  rDev -29.8%

Bottle poured to pint glass.

A: cloudy pale yellow, 1 finger fast thinning white head
S: citrus windex, lemon chemicals
T: hard carbonated bite, lemon chemicals, clean finish
M: decent, fairly smooth
D: ok

This beer smelled like it should say, "Warning, keep away from mouth and eyes, if it comes in contact rise thoroughly."
... It kinda tasted like it smelled, I felt like there was windex in the beer.

2.67/5  rDev -29.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Straw yellow, but the cloudiness is nice. Smells and tastes too heavily of banana and clove. The grain and any hopping are barely noticeable. Good full body, smooth on the tongue.

2.68/5  rDev -29.3%

2.7/5  rDev -28.8%

Looked and smelled nice. It had a good golden color and a frothy head that lasted a while. The smell was very clove-y, wheaty, and there was a citrusy hop smell to it also. When I first took a sip, it tasted like someone had just dumped the contents of my spice cabinet into my beer. It actually made me feel a little sick about 3/4 through and was tough to finish, especially because of how carbonated it was. There's a banana type aftertaste which was a welcome reprise from all the clove. I personally thought it needed more bright, citrusy flavors to contrast all those murky spices. Probably would not drink again.

2.74/5  rDev -27.7%

For a wheat ale, I didn't really like this beer. I was expecting a typcial wheat beer with a hint of banana like it mentions. I guess I didn't read the description well enough, because a lot of spice/pepper/clove comes through instead. I found the spices to be overwhelming and left me with a bad aftertaste.

2.75/5  rDev -27.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Had this on tap and it was OK. Very light for my taste.

Tröegs DreamWeaver Wheat from Tröegs Brewing Company