Tröegs Pale Ale | Tröegs Brewing Company

Tröegs Pale AleTröegs Pale Ale

Tröegs Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-22-2002

Ratings: 1,510 |  Reviews: 598

3.88/5  rDev +0.5%

Had this on 2012-01-04 in Lancaster, PA at the Belvedere Inn

A - The light is pretty dim in this establishment but it appeared a dark yellow-orange with a 1.5-finger off-white head and very good lacing.

S - Mild citrus and mild hop floral.

T - Quite nice. A refreshing bit of citrus, some restrained caramel malt and a burgeoning bitterness into the aftertaste.

M - Light-medium body and medium carbonation. Smooth and refreshing.

O - Compares favorably to a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale minus the very bright citrus and pine. Worth having again.

2.88/5  rDev -25.4%

I don't often drink APAs, so I will try to review the beer for what it is. -I was simply in the mood for something different.

Beautiful honey amber color with a slight head. The hop aroma was prevalent, but more of a wet grass smell. I am not a big fan of Liberty and Cascade hops, especially together I felt the hops ruined this beer for me. Otherwise the slight maltiness was nice, and hints of caramel.

If and when I go to drink a APA again, this would not be my first choice.

3.68/5  rDev -4.7%

I'm sure that I've had this before today and as I am doing now, I was liking it. It's not necessarily something one must try, but it's a nice, drinkable pale - not really much of an APA as it is a bit too wimpy, but the color is really great.

It leaves a nice lace too. Overall, this is a nice experience and might make a good "starter" APA. I recommend it for that purpose and for nice session drinking.

4.25/5  rDev +10.1%

2.5/5  rDev -35.2%

2.92/5  rDev -24.4%

A: Pours out a perfectly clear, bright pale yellow (slight hints of orange) color. No head worthy to speak of and lacing is present, but nothing special.

S: I expected a little more out of the aroma. When I opened the bottle I got a little tangerine citrus, but it dissipated as quickly as it appeared.

T: Taste reminds me of the tropics, maybe Hawaii, to which I've never been. I can't pick out specific flavors, but I do like what I taste. I do get some tangerine, and I think pineapple.

M: Somewhat watery, very thin on the mouth. Carbonation is on the low-moderate end.

D: Drinks very easily.

4.03/5  rDev +4.4%

A- Solid gold, Crystal clear, Trace of the frothy head hangs around.
S- The grapefruit citrus smell is easy to pick up.
T -Two distinct tastes in the flavor. First is the grapefruit bitterness followed by a bit of malty sweetness. The bitterness returns and stays on the tongue.
MO-Goes down easy. These guys are becoming a favorite. I will go with this one again.

Tröegs Pale Ale from Tröegs Brewing Company