Tröegs Sunshine Pils | Tröegs Brewing Company

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-23-2002

3.8

Ratings: 1,649 |  Reviews: 616

2.84/5  rDev -25.3%

Look: I'm drinking this straight from the bottle. I can't really say much about the apperance.

Smell: Meh. Smell like what I remember smelling/tasting beer for the first time as a kid.

Taste: Same as the smell. I don't find this to be all that great. It's drinkable, but it's just my style.

Mouthfeel: Very light bodied. Decent carbonation and thirst quenching.

Overall: I probably won't drink this again. I can't say this beer is Bad, but it's not something I'd really like to drink. Given to me, I'll drink it, but I'll likely never pay for it again. Troegs beers with me are hit or miss. Some I love, some I really dislike.

4.5/5  rDev +18.4%

3.94/5  rDev +3.7%

Nice light pilsner with a little citrus bite to it. Very refreshing. Fairly sweet finish, which could be off-putting but actually doesn't detract from the refreshing character. Good summer session beer.

4.25/5  rDev +11.8%

3.12/5  rDev -17.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Poured bottle into glass. 4.5% abv.

Appearance- Light and bright golden yellow and almost crystal clear. Lots of carbonation producing a thick white head.

Smell- Fresh bread and a grainy aroma. Sweet scent of lemon as well.

Taste- Sweet cracker malty taste comes on first that becomes more falvorful. The citrus notes also stick around on the back end, reminiscent to lemon just like the nose. A bit of a grassy taste is evident also. Very very faint hop finish.

Mouthfeel- Thin in the feel similar to a lager. Carbonation is high which is on par for the style.

Overall- On the refreshing side and goes down easy. The flavor was not really too bold. Not too far off from a Coors in my opinion. Still not bad and appropriate for a hot day as the name suggests.

4.22/5  rDev +11.1%

Pours to a one finger head that falls to an eighth inch layer with erratic lacing. Pale gold color. Aroma is pilsner malt and grassy/spicy German hops. Flavor is subtle yet spot on with perfect balance of the malt and the noble hops. Mouthfeel is true to style. Damn good Pils.

Tröegs Sunshine Pils from Tröegs Brewing Company