Tröegs Perpetual IPA | Tröegs Brewing Company

Tröegs Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: American IPA

At Tröegs, artisanal meets mechanical in a state of IPA we call Perpetual. Cycling through our HopBack vessel and dry-hopping method, this bold Imperial Pale Ale emerges rife with sticky citrus rind, pine balm and tropical fruit.

Added by thain709 on 08-11-2011

Liked:
4.07/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 3,554 |  Reviews: 677
4.48/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured from bottle into pint glass. Nice color. A golden amber appearance. Good hoppy and fruity smell. Smells delicious. Also can taste the fruit right off the bat. Not as hoppy as I thought it would be. Has a little bitterness to it. Doesn't last that long. In my opinion, its a great IPA.

3.75/5  rDev -7.9%

4.5/5  rDev +10.6%

4.75/5  rDev +16.7%

3.5/5  rDev -14%

4.5/5  rDev +10.6%

3.15/5  rDev -22.6%

Pours golden and crystal clear..personally I like it a little murky. Aroma is mild citrus and a teeny bit dank. Taste reinforces the smell. I find this beer underwhelming. The bottle is just under a month old too. Probably a good intro ipa. I will not be picking this one up again. Now nugget nectar on the other hand....

4.01/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured from a bottle into a tulip glass at around 45°F

Appearance: I would have guessed this was a lager from the look of it. A bright golden color with a huge three finger off white head which resulted from an aggressive pour.

Smell: Mild yet balanced between citrus and pine notes

Taste: Crisp floral, citrusy, and pine hops along with a touch of bready malt. Grapefruit is prominent

Mouthfeel: Quite light for a DIPA with moderate dry bitterness

Overall: Not quite there as far as DIPA's go in my opinion. If this were labeled as a IPA, I may have given this a higher score. However, it's still tasty and I'll be grabbing for more from time to time.

3.92/5  rDev -3.7%

Continue to be blown away from Troeg's, how did it take me so long to discover this east coast gem!? Perpetual may be almost on far with the Nugget. Drank three last night was was throughly impressed I can't get enough of those high ABV's with maximum drinkability. Hope my old faithful keeps a constant supply of this stuff coming!

Tröegs Perpetual IPA from Tröegs Brewing Company