Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Tröegs Perpetual IPA | Tröegs Brewing Company

Tröegs Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
troegs.com

Style: American IPA

At Tröegs, artisanal meets mechanical in a state of IPA we call Perpetual. Cycling through our HopBack vessel and dry-hopping method, this bold Imperial Pale Ale emerges rife with sticky citrus rind, pine balm and tropical fruit.

Added by thain709 on 08-11-2011

Ratings: 3,572 |  Reviews: 678

3.5/5  rDev -14%

4.29/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Had this at Yard House in Dedham - chose it from the 150 other beers to choose from. Looking for an IPA that would allow me to walk out on my own. Always enjoy Troegs and this was very good. Poured a nice golden copper color, with small lacing and decent carbonation throughout. This wasn't an overly hoppy beer, but I enjoyed the citrus and fruit hints. This was a nice blend of malt and hops. In fact, I ordered not one, but three of these. And I still was not slurring my words. At least this is my recollection. Very good beer

3.17/5  rDev -22.1%

Well made IPA… golden color and full head with good lacing. I prefer a balance and drinkability, and do enjoy a serious hop kick, but am not an extreme IPA freak. This beer has nice citrus/fresh hop aroma and a very slight malt/breadiness on the nose. I’m not getting much malt backbone even though it’s a 7%+ brew, but it has a very classic hop profile. I enjoy Troegs beers and their Perpetual IPA is pretty solid, but it seems a bit reserved for what I was expecting.

3.5/5  rDev -14%