Rausch E Balboa | Manayunk Brewery and Restaurant

2.51/5
Alströms:

Reviews by thequeen711:
3.02/5  rDev +20.3%

Brownish beige pour, 2 finger head disappearing to light lacing. Light nose, taste is smokey goodness, just waiting for a rack of ribs to enjoy this with...very light mouthfeel, a good rauch beer, maybe I'll polish this 32oz growler by myself!!!
Whoa....wait a minute here...after a few sips the sour kicks in, and....I'm hesitant to keep drinking this...

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%

2.53/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

When I ordered one of these, the waiter told me the bartender was so delighted that someone finally agreed to drink a full pint that she offered to sell me the entire keg for $10.

I declined.

Pours a deep coppery with a lively head. Aroma is strong and smokey, distinctly hickory.

The problem is that the flavor is strong and unsubtle, hickory and bacony.

Mouthfeel is slick, almost oily.

This is a fine beer for about half a pint, but it gets very old very quick.

Rausch E Balboa from Manayunk Brewery and Restaurant