Space Dust

Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Space DustSpace Dust
Notes: Space Dust: a totally nebular IPA. Great Western premium two-row, combined with c-15 and Dextri-Pils, give this beer a bright and galactic Milky Way hue. The hopping is pure starglow energy, with Chinook to bitter, with late and dry additions of Citra and Amarillo. Space Dust is out of this world, with 62 IBU.
Reviews: 597 | Ratings: 3,120 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
mikeinportc from New York

4.13/5  rDev +1%

BB date 9/15/21. Yeah, out of date, but that's what's available here & now. If I find fresher, I'll reevaluate.

Bright yellowish-orange, with one finger of off-white head.

Smells of pine, orange rind, and a bit of biscuity malt.

Taste is candied orange rind, light pine + cannabis [dank] , and a slight sweet floral flavor, finishing with a touch of bread crust. Moderate, pleasant bitterness, that lingers.

Feel is smooth, slightly slick, with moderate very,very fine carbonation tingle .

Overall, easy-drinking and quite enjoyable, despite its age. Looking forward to finding fresher specimens. :)

Oct 06, 2021
NCSapiens from Indiana

3.69/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I find this IPA astringent and bitter, with an unappealing floral character. I dislike the hop profile. Goes to show that everyone must have a different palate, because what I am tasting has to be different than the majority of other beer fans.

Sep 25, 2021
brewerburgundy from Virginia

3.79/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

12oz can, tulip, looks like best by 11/1/21.

Glowing copper with a thick two finger papyrus head. Moderate haze I would add.

It’s one of those soft hoppy aromas. Lemon lime, mixed berry, orange juice. It’s gets quite boozy with some warming.

And it is quite juicy and orange, with a bit of an orange slushie or almost dreamsicle quality. Lime zest,

It is amazingly creamy for an IPA. The carbonation is medium-low and very smooth.

Definitely a hazy precursor.

Sep 24, 2021
beergoot from Colorado

4.12/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Golden yellow body with a light cloudiness; gorgeous carbonation; wonderfully thick and creamy head, white and spongy. Nice aroma, muted but pleasing; soft melding of light malt with wispy ester presence. Excellent all-around flavor; light malt base with a slow-build hop bitterness intensity; light citrus taste. Medium-heavy body; velvety with a pleasing mild, sticky abrasiveness on the palate; great residual sugar body offset with a slight overall dryness.

This is a fantastic American India pale ale, exquisitely balanced and complex. The smell came across in a quiet manner, but the killer looks and awesome taste and mouthfeel more than compensate for this.

Poured at 44.7 °F; EXPERIENCE BY 02DEC21

Sep 06, 2021
drdiesel9483 from Ohio

3.43/5  rDev -16.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Look - bright copper orange with a nice white head and rimming
smell - hoppy floral citrus boozy smell
Taste - bitter hoppy citrus pine
Feel - medium full body with a slight carb
Overall - ok IIPA

Sep 05, 2021
Kiiz

4.15/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Aliens abducted my sobriety with this one. Went down way too easy for an 8.5. Good from April-august when the fall/winter/Irish beers aren’t predominant. A good beer to get trashed with by a campfire.

Sep 04, 2021
mikeg67 from New Jersey

4.3/5  rDev +5.1%

On Tap. Pours orange with white head. Body is medium and crisp. Taste and aroma are of tropical fruit, bready malt and citrusy hops. Long dry finish. Great brew.

Aug 25, 2021
Lhammer

4.33/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This beer is very appealing to my eye. Pours a slight hazy dark golden color. Leaves an off white, creamy head. Super thicc.

This is one of my favorite smelling beers. It is super hoppy, and just has this multi layers citrusy flavor. It’s almost as if you smell the fruit from the rind all the way to the seed. It’s truly artistic.

The taste is up there with the best. You would think that the IBUs on this would be higher. But I digress, this thing is super hoppy and juicy.

This is a heavier medium bodies beer but still light enough to enjoy on a hot summers day. Very smooth. Very enjoyable.

Overall, this is one of my favorite large scale production ipa’s. It is a hoppy citrusy bomb of goodness.

Aug 10, 2021
HappyGuy12345 from New Jersey

4.28/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Poured from 12 ounce bottle into arome glass
Look: Hazy amber/orange with 1+ inches of dense head with good retention.
Smell: Plenty of hops.
Taste: I was really surprised that this beer is only 62 IBUs: It tasted more like a double IPA with a far higher level of IBUs. Being that this is an IPA, I was obviously expecting some bitterness, but this was a bit more than I anticipated. Still, it was a good beer for a warm summer day.
Feel: Medium bodied. Good carbonation.
Overall: Not bad at all. Just a bit more bitter than expected.

Jun 12, 2021
atigerlife from Hawaii

4.27/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

L: Hazy orange golden with a one finger head. Light carbonation rising.

S: Hops. Floral. Sweet. Herbal.

T: Hops but with a malty backbone. Some citrus [grapefruit, tangerine). Piney at the end and sweetness throughout.

F: Medium bodied. Cleansing.

O: A solid IPA. Not over-the-top like many from this region. Hoppy but not overpowering. I'll have another.....

Jun 07, 2021
HopHunterCL from Ohio

3.5/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Pours a deep amber with a bit of haze and a dense white head.
I didn’t get much out of the aroma other than some malt and citrus peel.
Slightly fruity up front with some grapefruit peel and orange fades to a lingering pine bitterness.
The bitterness builds in my mouth throughout the glass to the point where I struggled to finish it.
Overall this one is not for me. Not enough flavor or balance to make me want more.

Jun 04, 2021
Seamus_Hanrahan from Massachusetts

3.91/5  rDev -4.4%

On tap Eau Gallie,FL
Pretty pour with good head.. not much as to aroma.. refreshing with some hoppy bitterness forward.. a bit piney..mouthful holds flavor well. I'll have another!

May 25, 2021
Martin194 from Iowa

Look: Gold, hazy, big white head that takes a while to dissipate.

Smell: Pine, lemon peel, malts.

Taste: Heavy hops, some citrus and bready malts, alcohol. Some sweetness in the mouth but mostly bitter throughout.

Feel: Full body, leaves a dry mouthfeel.

Overall: A little bitter for me, but if you're into this style you'll probably like it.

May 24, 2021
rudiecantfail from Pennsylvania

3.85/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

12 ounce bottle poured into a Duvel tulip glass. Experience by 15SEP21.

L---Just shy of crystal clear, medium amber color. Thin white head faded quickly to a cap and left good lacing.

S---Piney hops and citrus.

T---Hop bitterness. Pine and citrus from the nose. Malts are there to balance the hops.

F---Medium bodied. Ok carbonation.

O---Tasty, but nothing special.

May 21, 2021
rodbeermunch from Nevada

3.25/5  rDev -20.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Had this for the first time at a Nevada football game in September 2019. Upside of those premium 6 packs that cost the same as BMC at the stadium.

Pours golden leaning into light amber, doesn't have the same degree of clarity as its corporate ownership's other products, but few do. White-ish head 3/5". The aroma was caramel, cardboard, grain and bittering hops. Shit at the price I see these in the supermarket ($13) I thought there would be some noticeable dry hopping.

Hefty taste of caramel and bittering pine and soap like hops, light stone fruit and grapefruit rind impression. Sticky, heavy mouth feel. This is good enough for a football game, but I wouldn't play otherwise. Alcohol is prominent like the Chinook hop which dominates here.

Man I'm glad I never sprung for a 6 pack of this. One and done. Doesn't justify the price tag, would rather pay a few bucks more for the 4 pack sticker bangers. Too similar to those IBU wars beers of yesterday, somehow the PacNW is still churning them out at premium prices.

May 13, 2021
deleted_user_1314598

4.58/5  rDev +12%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Bought a six pack with experience date 22aug21 and today is April 25, so I poured a 12 ounce bottle into my Teku glass and immediately noticed that i didn't get the best head retention? Maybe a more aggressive pour next time will do the trick, but noticed beautiful lacing

I got delicious papaya, and mango notes coming through with a slight carmelized alcohol burn..I absolutely love how the tangerine and orange also comes through with a slight, but not deterred alcohol burn..

Sitting at 8.2% this is definitely a go-to ipa beer, but I'm curious if I will possibly get better head retention from a can..The tropical fruit and high alcohol content is what keeps me coming back on this one and Elysian always seems to shout quality regardless of if your drinking a Dayglow, or one of there pumpkin beers..Cheers

Apr 26, 2021
harrypowers from Massachusetts

3.99/5  rDev -2.4%

Pours a clear holder color with a small short lived head.

Tastes of malt and hops with a slightly bitter finish. The alcohol hides well.

Medium body and carbonation. Clean dry mouthfeel.

This is a nice, mild west coast IPA.

Apr 25, 2021
IPAs_for_days_13 from Texas

3.74/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

L: Pours a light amber/orange color with a two-finger off-white head with good retention.
S: Smells heavy of piney hops, good amount of hops, faint citrus.
T: Taste follows the nose, really nice hops/malts balance.
F: Full-bodied, moderate carbonation, crisp, slightly syrupy.
O: Not a bad IPA, nothing outstanding though.

Apr 16, 2021
Newtobeet345 from Georgia

4.34/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

L- opaque cloudy yellow orange
S- the forest pine, wintergreen moss
T- full time bitterness with a nice finish
F- full mouth feel based on the bitterness
O- a well made beer.

Apr 04, 2021
RedBalloon from Washington

4.46/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

12 oz can with an Enjoy By date of 3/3/21 poured into a Teku on 1/8/21.

Pours a 1" white head with an orange opaque color. Very sticky lacing.

Smells like pine, citrus, grass, and booze.

Taste follows the nose with strong bitterness in the finish. There is an emphasis on the citrus and grass flavors.

Mouthfeel is medium-bodied, dry, and resinous. Medium carbonation.

A delicious double IPA with nice bitter and dry elements.

Feb 07, 2021
feloniousmonk from Minnesota

3.98/5  rDev -2.7%

8/11/17:
In the eye: slightly hazy, bright golden color, vast white head, looking good, leaving lace.

In the nose: fresh blasts and citrus and pine, not too fruity, nice and dry.

In the mouth: Bitter bite starts it off and slides all about the palate. Bone dry, this, stripping the tongue, ready for the new swallow. Medium body, light malt presence, holding down the fort just barely. Hops are shining in this one.

My kind of IPA. I can have a few of these and be happy.

Feb 04, 2021
afkIPAs from New Jersey

3.75/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Grogu may look like a Child but he is surely old enough to drink. And he would enjoy himself a Space Dust from Elysian

Star Dust has a fairly clear amber color with a thin white head. A little lacing lasts while you sip. The initial pour is a little underwhelming for my favor. Like a galaxy far far away from what I look for but that's the only thing here below average.

Star Dust brings a full Force of smells compared to the slightly lackluster look. True to the IPA genre with a citrus and hoppy scent.

The taste follows suit with the smell. You get your Original Trilogy (the best trilogy) of citrus, spice and earthy notes. I get orange and pine with maybe grapefruit in the background.

Every Man-do and woman can appreciate the feels from Elysian's Space Dust. A light carbonation and smooth going aftertaste make this an easy drinker. I find myself needing to pour 2 or 3 bottles in a sitting with its ease of drinking.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way through the IPA-verse. And Elysian's Space Dust is a solid pit stop on that journey. It has a very classic IPA taste, smell and feel and could be a good introduction to this genre of brew.

Dec 09, 2020
jwp777 from Oklahoma

3.11/5  rDev -24%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

I remember trying this one a few years ago before my taste for IPAs developed and I hated it. I saw it today and decided to give it another shot since I have a better idea of what I like and what is “good,” at least in terms of IPAs.

Poured from a 12 oz bottle:

Pours a mostly clear orange, slightly hazy. Head is clean and white but doesn’t last long or retain as much as I would hope for.

Smell is a bit subdued but it is hoppy with some bright citrus notes.

Taste follows the nose - bright citrus and bitter hops, but somehow it is a bit watery for me too. The taste is almost delayed. I don’t seem to get anything until 2-3 seconds after it touches my tongue, and when I do it’s somehow bitter and watery. It’s not bad, but I guess I just don’t feel like it lives up to the hype. Aftertaste is bitter and lingers a long while.

Feel - the alcohol and hops bitterness are really sharp on the tongue, but not in a great way.

Overall - this one is tough... I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it. I won’t go out of my way for this one ever again but if someone offers me one, I wouldn’t turn it down. I need to try it on tap someday and see if that is better.

Dec 03, 2020
Charles_Ball_Fuller from Missouri

4.04/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Look: Mostly clear, just a little hazy. Light golden orange, with a very clean white head.
Smell: Very fruity and crisp. Smells a bit like Fresca - a little peachy, orangey and mango-y.
Taste: Strong hoppy bitterness from start to finish. When you get through this, it even tastes a bit like Fresca too. Orange pith, peach and mango come to the forefront with some other citrus notes in the finish.
Feel: Fresh and strongly carbonated at the front, but it leaves a bit afterwords like soda residue.
Overall: Quite a light beer, but it can be a bit abrasive and brash. It doesn't really mellow out, but if you're in the mood for a bright bitter beer, this is a great one.

Nov 18, 2020
PrinceAltoid from Illinois

1.59/5  rDev -61.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

I don’t wanna sit here and rag on a beer for 45 minutes, so I’m gonna try to make this relatively quick.

This is an absolutely poor excuse for an IPA. I’m not a fan of cheap, mass-produced swill like Bud/Busch/Coors, but I’ve always been a “at a party? Sure, I’ll have a couple” kinda guy when it comes to them. Elysian Space Dust though, you’d have to pay me decent money for me to actually down one of these things.

While it looks completely fine, and goes down the hatch pretty decently, nothing else about this beer even comes close to being good. It tastes extremely skunky (reminds me a lot of Corona) and has an extremely offensive aftertaste that even the Popeyes chicken sandwich I was eating alongside it couldn’t get out of my mouth. The bottle had just come out of the fridge, ice cold and still didn’t even taste like it was cold. One difference between good and bad brews is how you can tell they’re cold just by their taste; this one clearly had no respect for that metric.

I had absolutely no idea of the hype behind this brew before buying it; my girlfriend said the label looked cool, and I decided to buy one single 12 ounce bottle of it. Am I glad I didn’t get a 6 pack, because it took considerable amounts of effort to get this single bottle down. Even my girlfriend, who loves sipping on my Blue Moon (both mango wheat and Belgian white) took one sip of this crap and begged god for forgiveness immediately after.

I feel like a majority of people rating this beer so highly had similar experiences, but opted for the 6 pack instead and became victims to the classic sunk cost theory. Saw the cool label, had to try it, and thought the price was too high to justify it being bad, so they tried to act like the disgusting skunky taste and offensive aftertaste were somehow good things, that they made the beer unique and “mature” or something. Poor people.

If you really have to spend craft beer price on something you can find at your local supermarket, for the love of all things holy hit skip on this garbage. Grab a 6 pack of something a little safer if you’re not absolutely sure you’ll like something. Few good examples of some of my favorites are Blue Moon (mango wheat is the best variation of it), maybe Guinness Extra (or Draught if you have decent beer glasses), or maybe even KBS if you have it near you. Or maybe you have it 100 miles away, go get it anyways because that stuff is worth driving to another country for. But skip the Elysian Space Dust. Thank me later.

Nov 13, 2020