Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Erdinger Weissbier | Erdinger Weissbräu

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by stirgy on 01-03-2002

3.2

Ratings: 1,979 |  Reviews: 799

Erdinger is horribly underrated on this site; I know its not the strongest, nor the most flavourful weissbier, but it is utterly delicious. One of the easiest drinking beers I've ever tasted. A great introductory beer for those unacquainted with weissbier. Erdinger is my favourite beer hands down and a beer a recommend to weizen aficionados and newcomers alike.

always a pleasure drinking this amazing weiss on tap, so fresh and tasty

This beer is amazing. Not as good as Paulaner Hefeweizen to me but a good cheaper version. Only cost be $12 for a six pack which is cheaper than a domestic beer in a local bar. Excellent beer. God himself helped these Germans design a beer like this that flows so elegantly down your throat. Love that banana nut bread taste. If your local bar has this stuff, stay away from the irish guy in the corner that says his irish brew is the best. You'll wind up whipping his ass. The beer bottles from Erdinger are a lot more painful than his cans

I don't understand giving this anything but A grade.
The BA score shows 80, does that mean B- grade beer?
The Bros give it a 74,.. does that mean C grade beer?
Ya'll are nuts, it's A grade,… let's give it a 95,… how would I improve it to 100,… I wouldn't,.. it's perfectly all well as far as my feel and sensibility, according to my body.
It's a nice fresh, medium, balanced, very pleasant beer,...it's excellent,… nice n balanced,… I love it.

I dont understand the lower ratings... this is an unbelievably good brew imho.... it is smoothe... flavorful... and a pretty pour.... it is a bit pricey and has somewhat of a "light" beer head.... but it is super tasty for backyard sitting

4.94/5  rDev +39.9%

4.85/5  rDev +37.4%

For a time this was my favorite hefe, maybe even my favorite brew. I still love it but I appreciate some smaller craft hefes. This flavor lies in between Paulaner and Franziskaner. I think the Franziskaner is a little strong for most people, and this Erdinger comes in just about perfect. This is a perfect brew to sip on a hot day after working in the yard. Much tougher to find a 6 pack of this than Paulaner or Franziskaner. Sometimes i'm forced to go to Bristol Farms and get a 22 oz bottle, but usually I get it at the yardhouse in long beach on tap. I can't say anything negative about this brew. Fantastic, I can't wait to visit the Erdinger brewery.

4.82/5  rDev +36.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.82/5  rDev +36.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.75/5  rDev +34.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A classic, fantastic German Hefeweizen.

4.72/5  rDev +33.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

My personal reference for weiss beer. Available around the globe. One of my favorites.

Erdinger Weissbier from Erdinger Weissbräu