Fuller's London Pride | Fuller Smith & Turner PLC

Alströms:

Ratings: 2,555 |  Reviews: 1,073
Reviews by pleasewearpants:

3.68/5  rDev -6.1%

Being American, I wasn't aware of this staple UK beer. Without thinking much of it, I picked up some bottles at the supermarket in Seoul Korea in 2009 where I was working at the time. Simply thought, well, as long as it isn't Korean beer and nearly the same price it'll make me pretty happy I'm sure. That night and that first sip really got my attention. Second sip and wow. What's this beer called? My new regular! This beer is not kidding around, nice, nice well balanced and won't break the budget too badly. The whole line of Fuller's brews are like that, or at least the ones available in Asia, India Pale Ale, ESB and London Porter. Solid masterful brewing at a good price. One of my favorite brewers. Not available in most shops in Thailand, so I will be ordering a case this evening from a beer delivery service, very worthwhile beer, especially London Pride.

3.34/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a deep golden color. Very nice lacing, much more pronounced than the head. Aroma is of sweet malty and some bread. Tatse is sweet malts, balanced well with a touch of bitter hops. Might be a liitle too complex for me as a new rater to give a more detailed opinion. Overall, well balanced beer

3.17/5  rDev -19.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Purchased at The Beer Store for just over $3.00 for a 500ml bottle. Served at 4deg C in a draught glass

A- Opens well and pours a decent white head that is gone in a minute. Very dark gold. Clear

S- Not a lot here.

T- Ok at best. Has a good malt backbone. That's about it for this one

M- Ok at best here too.

O- Not so great. Alright at best. Will not buy again

Food Pairing

This ok beer went well with..... Stuffed squid. Nice breadcrumb stuffing with onion, celery and butter

Enjoy

1.71/5  rDev -56.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Dark apple juice color; like apple juice with a disintegrated cinnamon stick. No head to speak of.

Alright! Nose is totally of melted plastic. Just what I like in a beer...not. A little caramel booziness, a waxed floor smell, and stale malts.

Tastes like plastic, earwax, and old bread crusts. Nope.

Feel is pretty watery and not much carbonation.

World class? WTF? Are your tongues broken?

3.48/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

500ml bottle.

A: Clear amber. Poured with moderate foam.
S: Mildly fruity sweet.
T: Somewhat malty sweet. A little bit fruity (and sour). Low bitterness. Dry.
M: light bodied. Low carbonation.
O: Decent session ale.

3.51/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

A: [4.00] Copper to orange colored beer. The beer has very little head. What is there is white but dissipates immediately. The beer lists the ABV (4.7%) and a best by date of 01/15/2016. Hooray for Fullers for making all info easy to find.

S: [3.50] I get a bit of a hard cider scent along with crackers.

T: [3.50] Follows the nose a bit. The bready malts are in the forefront. Maybe hints of a toffee sweetness in the middle.

M: [3.25] Extremely easy drinking. In the US I think we'd slap the label "session" on this somewhere. There is carbonation but it is a nice level. The body is decent for the ABV.

O: [3.50] This tastes like a much improved typical American lager. This would be very easy for someone that "only likes Budweiser". But I don't want to sell this beer short. It is quite tasty and has a nice flavor profile. I would definitely drink this again.

1.11/5  rDev -71.7%

I bought a can of this stuff at LCBO, because it looked good, and I thought it was on sale for $2.00 for a tallcan. It was actually $2.80, not $2.00, so I expected something delicious.

Boy was I in for a surprise.

I cracked open the can, and the distinct smell of urine wafted very quickly up to my nostrils. I drank a small sip, it tasted like it smelled, and I kicked myself in the ass for wasting my money on this "premium ale".

Now I understand why the British refer to "getting drunk", as "getting pissed"!

The urine the beer ratio in the can is UNACCEPTIBREW!!

Shameful 1/5.

The British should stick to fish and chips, and leave the brewing for us North Americans!

3.68/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Served cool from 500ml into pint mug.

A) Medium copper colour, slight haze, a few bubble, thin white head.

S) Good - rich warming malt.

T) Lighter than I was expecting, nice chewy malt flavour, very little hop notes but that is fine. No bittering aftertaste.

M) Nice medium to light body and good level of carbonation.

O) This doesn't try to do anything spectacular and that is its strength. A fine malty brew that you can drink down without thinking too hard.

4.31/5  rDev +9.9%

Great traditional bitter,nice bronze color with a light amount of lace.A lot of malt aromas going on caramel brown sugar and biscuit dough only a light geranium hop presence lingers.A true session ale malty and fruity with some iron in there but there is a green hop presence light but it make the beer balanced,a gret ale from Fuller's.

3.38/5  rDev -13.8%

A very nice looking amber pour with a smallish off-white head. The nose is malty sweet with subtle fruity hints. Taste wise, it's light fruitiness up front that quickly turns to a malty body down the middle. Medium bodied with a smooth & fizzy mouthfeel. The finish is dryish with a metallic sorta zip to it. Nice light hoppiness. An average beer in my books.

3.75/5  rDev -4.3%

4.16/5  rDev +6.1%

3.5/5  rDev -10.7%

3.75/5  rDev -4.3%

4.5/5  rDev +14.8%

4.2/5  rDev +7.1%

While pale ales are no longer my favorite style of beer, I certainly get a jolt of nostalgia from drinking them. Really reminds me of many on-tap beers I had in my younger days in England and Wales.

A: Poured from one of the handsome 1pt 0.9fl.oz. bottles. I got a nice frothy near white 1.5 finger head. It's a crystal clear, bronze amber color with some carbonation visible. When the head dissipates, you are left with a nice thin lace and some webbing on the glass. Attractive looking PA.

S: I served it too cold. Note: Do not serve this beer colder than recommended. I was so disappointed until the beer warmed up and I realized what a fool I had been. OK - confessions aside... Crystal malt, a touch of fruit and hops. I also got an almost dimethyl grass type aroma too. There was a buttery smell that made me feel like it would be a creamy taste which I knew would not be the case.

T: Taste goes along with the smell. Well balanced caramel malt and hops. Touch of fruit. People say this a lot but it is true. This beer really does make you think Pale Ale. It is a poster child for sure. Nice strong hop sourness on the back of the throat as an aftertaste.

M: A nice crisp, lightly carbonated beer. Medium bodied.

D: I don't long for the Pale Ale like I used to but if I was to go for one, this would surely be one of them.

4.45/5  rDev +13.5%

Poured into a pint glass, the color was a rich amber color with a reasonable white foamy head. The aroma produced has hints of fresh bread. A nice long pull reveals a well balanced light malt flavor that finishes with a slightly sharp hoppiness that lingers on after the swallow, eventually leaving you with a gentle sweetness on the tongue leaving you ready for the next pull. Nice drinkability in the sense that there is rich flavor without that “meal in a glass” feeling you get with some heavier brews.

Highly enjoyable! I can picture myself sitting in an English pub enjoying a few pints with friends. Not too full but still satisfying. Nice.

4.41/5  rDev +12.5%

Easily one of the most drinkable beers I've ever had. This one poured a nice dark copper color with a very big frothy white head that coated the whole glass with lace. The smell was pretty light with a slight hoppiness and a very bready scent as well. The taste was super balanced with a very light hoppiness, medum malt presence and a great earthy taste that I couldn't put my finger on. The mouthfeel was so light and airy off the cask it was great. A true session beer indeed.

1.25/5  rDev -68.1%

3.8/5  rDev -3.1%

A: highly carbonated, a translucent darkened amber.

S: hints of citrus, hops, and malts.

T: faint citrus and hops tease the tongue initially while a backbone of sweet malts linger at the end.

MF/D: intensely smooth for the amount of carbonation, an easily sessionable bitter brew.

4.1/5  rDev +4.6%

The Fuller's London Pride pours from the bottle a bright amber with hints of red and a bubbly white head on top. Aromas of sweet caramel, toasty bread and light fruits mixed with some herbal hoppiness as well. An enjoyable nose that seems fresh and vibrant.

First sip brings a caramel covered toasty pale maltiness that has a nice fruity (apples) profile as well. A slightly spicy, herbal hop hits the back of the palate on the way down. A bit of grainy huskiness lingers after each sip. A tasty pale ale overall...easy to enjoy.

Mouthfeel has a medium body with good carbonation and just really easy to drink. I could see this being really great on cask. Another brew I would have no problem sessioning as it goes down so smooth and easy. Well worth your time...and probably worth a trip to the UK as well!

4.5/5  rDev +14.8%