Fuller's London Pride | Fuller Smith & Turner PLC

3.92/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,555 |  Reviews: 1,073

2.52/5  rDev -35.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Big fan of English Pale Ales - this one didn't resonate with me.

2.58/5  rDev -34.2%

On tap at Barley’s. Notes of baked goods, oatmeal cookies, and light hops. Copper orange. Poured with no head. Little evidence of carbonation. Bready/biscuity caramel malts. Floral/perfumy hop flavor. At bit on the thin side, watery, with little carbonation. All said, this was a very ordinary beer.

2.6/5  rDev -33.7%

I had high expectations for this Pale ale. Got a 6 pack and don't know if i got a defective 6 pack because this smelled and tasted like medicine. Just not a good flavor and the mouth feel and drinkablity was just so so. I Like Sam Smith's Pale ale much better but so far, I know I am crazy to say so ... I just like Sam Adams Pale ale better than any others I have tried.

2.63/5  rDev -32.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

I hope this was an old boytle, but I got it at a bar so I couldn't check the date. It tasted purely like English crystal malt.

2.63/5  rDev -32.9%

I poured a bottle of London Pride in a glass. Beer has a nice amber color and I noticed immediately the head and carbonation level. While a nice head is great IMO, this head came fully from over carbonation. I'm not sure if it is with all the London Pride bottles, but this one was clearly over carbonated. I let it sit for a few minutes before I took the first sip.
Beer tastes decent but stays behind in its class. Somewhat malt and hop flavor, seemed well balanced but again way below for its class.

2.67/5  rDev -31.9%

Appearance: amber, small head, no carbonation

Smell: malts, bread, and honey

Taste: a very malty/bready start followed by a slight hop finish

Mouthfeel: smooth light and a slight bitter finish

Drinkability: Not for me. This beer has two dimensions, but kind of fizzles. I will not be having this one again

2.67/5  rDev -31.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.69/5  rDev -31.4%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance - Orangish, amber in color with yellow highlights. Mostly white to slightly off white head that had nice retention and lacing. Mostly clear, but a bit of haze is there.

Smell - Buttery aroma. Some floral hops, but not overpowering. Slightly sweet smelling. Smelling some sourness

Taste - This does not remind me of a pale ale. Very buttery. A bit too much for me. Bread and biscuit flavors. A bit of bitterness, but is was very faint. Some sourness coming through.

Mouthfeel - Medium to light on the mouthfeel. Smooth and easy drinking. Some flavor left on the palate.

Drinkability - I think I must get past due brews. I have found that to be a problem at the store I frequent. This beer did not match any of the prior descriptions I have read. I finished the glass however. I would like to review this as a fresh brew. I know my nose and palate are not that far off.

2.7/5  rDev -31.1%

Personally, this reminded me of old red vermouth... in beer form. I had a hard time drinking it and when I pawned it off on my friends, they didn't like it either!! Maybe just not my style, I suppose. Other than the odd taste I experienced, it looked and stood like a decent beer should.

2.71/5  rDev -30.9%

We just got back from London, and I didn't drink this beer while in the UK. However, we did see the brewery. We didn't do a tour, but saw it while driving from the airport to our hotel. It was neat, and Sheryl got a good picture of the building. It would make sense that we would drink a London Pride while in London… but we didn't. I had a TON of cider, though. I am becoming a cider guy, that's for sure. But since this is their most popular beer, I am excited to try it. Let's drink!

In the Glass: It looks like a pale ale in the glass. There are some things floating in the glass… not sure what that is, but a lot of sediment is sinking to the bottom. Hope that doesn't affect the flavor of the beer.

Nose: Not much aroma here. What is there is nothing more than a faint bitter aroma. Nothing to write home about.

Flavor: The flavor isn't that impressive, either. However, it is perfectly balanced. There isn't a lot of bitterness, and the hop character is very muted. When they say you should drink this with a London pub lunch… I totally get it. The bangers and mash would go perfectly with this beer. I wonder what this would taste like on cask. Nearly every beer in England was pull.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is basic. There isn't much going on, not much carbonation, and it's a pretty boring, yet very drinkable beer. We are drinking this ice cold, and I am sure that helps with the smoothness, but even when swishing it around in my mouth, the bubbles aren't obvious.

Aftertaste: The aftertaste is the best part about this beer. It's incredible, and sticks around for a long time. I am talking several minutes after you swallow. I can totally see why this is the most popular beer in the UK.

I am not sure I would order this… or if bars here even carry this. But the next time I am in the UK, you can bet I order some bangers and mash and a pint of London Pride. Bottoms up, people!

Fuller's London Pride - The bottle says: "Fuller's London Pride is an award-winning English classic premium beer, rich and smooth, with a good malty base and well-developed hop notes in the finish. The Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, London has been brewing fine beers since 1650. The Fuller, Smith & Turner partnership, dating back to 1845, brews an excellent range of award-winning beers, many of which are available in the USA, including London Pride premium and the world's original ESB. I hope you will enjoy trying all our fine beers."

2.72/5  rDev -30.6%

This pours a clear gold with a moderate amount of bubbles rising up. Some small head at first, but quickly becomes nothing. Little lacing. Smells of bread, earth, wood, and just a hint of honey sweetness.

Mouthfeel is crisp, yet smooth. Well done. Now the flavor on this is a conundrum. It tastes like beef stew with potatoes to me. Very beefy. No sweetness, but a hint of hoppy bitterness; not citrus or piney, mind you, but rather beefy. This is weird. I'll give it another shot if I see it on tap, but this is really different. What type of malts make up a meaty flavor?

2.75/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

From Carrefour. In english pint glass. Watching Breaking Bad 1x03. It smells nice, but although it doesnt taste bad, I dont completly like its taste, which is on the sweet side. Avg 3.24

9 Nov 2016. From Carrefour. In Ikea's pint glass. Playing Sonic CD. So smooth that feels watery. hops at first seem unpleasant, like rancid, but as you become used to them it improves and even becomes moreish

Fuller's London Pride from Fuller Smith & Turner PLC