Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Fuller's Imperial IPA | Fuller Smith & Turner PLC

fullers.co.uk

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by bark on 09-22-2017

3.88/5  rDev 0%

Clear, dark mahogny colored beer with a two finger high head.

I started this beer directly from the fridge - My bad! Don't do that. Luckily I had the beer for more the two hours so it got to the right temperature - roomtemp! The nose and the taste is so much better when the beer isn't cold.

Nose: Plum, red berries, raisin, brown sugar, dark syrup, nuts, toffee, pine and vanilla.
Taste: Syrup, raisin, pine, resin, honey, caramel malt, orange marmalade, black pepper and sweet brown sugar.
Mouth: Full body. Medium to light carbonation.

Is this an Imperial IPA? I would have guessed an Barely Wine...

But anyway, I love caramel, sweetness and dried fruit in beers... so I LOVE this!

Fuller's Imperial IPA from Fuller Smith & Turner PLC